FG mugged the middle class and never touched the banks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in a small business. If we are implementing a new process or technology we employ people to help and to train us to operate it. These people can be called consultants. It's no different to a Carpenter employing a Plasterer to plaster a partition wall he just built.

How could they start with a clean slate when Unions insisted all water staff in the Co Co's had to be transferred (probably paid 'relocation money' as well even if they didn't physically move work locations) no matter whather they were needed or not. And if I was a Co Co Manager I would have been moving my worst and most troublesome staff into the water section for at least a year before the transfer was due to take place.
Thats how the PS/CS works....Managers can't manage and everything is a compromise with the Unions. The Customer comes a distant second
Sorry but have you not heard of TUPE? Bit childish to blame the PS/CS for that.

Sorry but have you not heard of TUPE? Bit childish to blame the PS/CS for that.
Why were the employees of one body transferred into a new body which did not need them. TUPE kicks in when they are transferred and that's right and proper. The question is why were they transferred in the first place?

They were transferred as the civil & public service can't countenance the prospect of compulsory redundancies for superfluous staff.

They were transferred as the civil & public service can't countenance the prospect of compulsory redundancies for superfluous staff.
Exactly. Nothing to do with TUPE. That transfer costs the state €120 million a year in totally wasted money. Irish Water has served as a great example of why labour inflexibility costs so much money.

Nor indeed could the Government as employers who vetoed compulsory redundancies in order to get the Croke Park Agreement over the line , the Unions didn't even have to argue the point.

Nor indeed could the Government as employers who vetoed compulsory redundancies in order to get the Croke Park Agreement over the line , the Unions didn't even have to argue the point.
Good point. It shows a systemic failing in how we run our country and we all suffer as a result.
If this is indicative of practice in the state sector one can only presume that the problem is the same in an employer such as the HSE and they employ one in every 20 people who work in this country.

2/3 Labour voters and 1/3 FG voters have deserted them since 2011. That's some amount of the electorate to lose.

For half the population it looks like "protest" has become "policy". Looking at most of the Independents and Looney Left I suspect most of them could not even agree on what day of the week it is!
Despite what they say, at least SF did not do as well as they expected. Still transfer toxic for most people.
So I can only hope for FG/ FF to act in the "national interest" but I cannot see the likes of O'Cuiv burying his Civil War politics. Otherwise it's another election.

Conan the people have spoken you may not like it but thats the beauty of a democracy. We have to accept it and hopefully a gove can be formed.

Im reminded of the words of Spike Milligan; "eventually the Don't Know's will get in."

Yes, Fine Gaels astonishing inaction on the plight of 300,000 home owners that are being abused by the banks with regard to variable mortgage interest rates has come home to bite them. The middle class of this Country are not stupid and have spoken with their vote.

Take a cursery look at the female candidates FG put forward in Election2016

Anne Marie Dermody Solicitor

Thomasina Connell Solicitor

Ciara McPhilips Solicitor

Josephina Madigan Solicitor

Personally, I have no problem with solicitors, female or otherwise, but really, is Fine Gael the party to take on the banks ? I think not. "The dog who bites the hand that feeds it, regularly goes hungry."

Fine Fail would do well to take notice ! 300,000 homeowners equates to 500,000 voters approx.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jim
I don't think its any governments role to tackle the banks over their interest rates, I do agree that they are overcharging the variable customers but that's a business decision based in my opinion on the trackers and the general profit line.

One wonders if the government had dropped the water charges what the result would have been. No water protests, less legs for AAA to stand on, FG & Labour really did not see the wood for the trees and were in the end after just 5 years so out of touch with the way the electorate felt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back