Ferndale Avenue D11-Glasnevin or Finglas?

onekeano

Frequent Poster
Messages
912
postmodern said:
Ballymun road is such a long stretch - to try and say that the Glasnevin end is anywhere like the Towers is silly -
Eh Postmodern - I never mentioned The Towers..... there is anecdotal evidence that the price of houses in the D9 area is being pushed up by legal and medical professionals having to slum it on the Northside because D4 and D6 is now out of their reach. As a result houses close to town and especially redbricks are offering poor consolation.

Roy
 
P

postmodern

Guest
I'd hardly call moving to the northside 'slumming it out'. The wealthiest area in the state is Malahide (fyi northside) and the lowest % of school leavers who attend third level is Dublin 10 (southside).

'Poor consolation' - you'd rather live in a two up-two down on the SCR beside er...Dolphin's Barn rather than a fine Strain built house close to wonderful Griffith Avenue?

Northside/southside divide is a myth - perpetuated by outdated prejudice... If you look at it without any river in the equation the wealthier districts in Dublin are on the coast or (generally) east of a straight line from the airport to Rathfarnham - and west of this line is generally less salubrious.

:p
 

onekeano

Frequent Poster
Messages
912
postmodern said:
rather than a fine Strain built house close to wonderful Griffith Avenue?:p
PM - chill out...... that's where I live. Just dreading the thoughts of all those young legal eagles encroaching on our area!

Roy
 

extopia

Frequent Poster
Messages
3,111
onekeano said:
PJust dreading the thoughts of all those young legal eagles encroaching on our area!
It will get worse when rugby internationals are played in Croke Park. All those southsiders discovering that the northside mightn't be so bad after all...
 

bearishbull

Frequent Poster
Messages
209
extopia said:
It will get worse when rugby internationals are played in Croke Park. All those southsiders discovering that the northside mightn't be so bad after all...
i cant understand why someone would pay twice the price to live in ranelagh compared to the same type house in glasnevin/drumcondra ,both areas are equidistant from liffey and both are handy for working in city,just a prestige address for the more self conscious social class obsessed individuals. of course im biased but i have lived in both and see little rational reason for paying twice the price,but whats rational about irish property market:confused:
 

onekeano

Frequent Poster
Messages
912
extopia said:
It will get worse when rugby internationals are played in Croke Park. All those southsiders discovering that the northside mightn't be so bad after all...

Hmmmm........ maybe it might be an idea to start buying up stocks of prawn sandwiches before they start arriving? I believe batterburgers as so passe on the southside - roish?

Roy
 

extopia

Frequent Poster
Messages
3,111
bearishbull said:
i cant understand why someone would pay twice the price to live in ranelagh compared to the same type house in glasnevin/drumcondra
Shhhh!
 

onekeano

Frequent Poster
Messages
912
Can't wait to see the queues of young SCs and hospital consultants waiting to snap up this little beauty being given away at a bargain 800k (plus another say 10% plus 9% stampers).

http://www3.myhome.ie/search/property.asp?id=262856&np=&rt=search&searchlist=

The agent can't even make up it's mind if it's 3 or 4 beds. "retains many features including original stained glass windows and door, original fireplaces and wooden flooring." - but that's about it (see photos).

At 1000 sq. ft here's the evidence if you ever needed it that we are in bubble territory.

Roy
 

bearishbull

Frequent Poster
Messages
209
onekeano said:
Can't wait to see the queues of young SCs and hospital consultants waiting to snap up this little beauty being given away at a bargain 800k (plus another say 10% plus 9% stampers).

http://www3.myhome.ie/search/property.asp?id=262856&np=&rt=search&searchlist=

The agent can't even make up it's mind if it's 3 or 4 beds. "retains many features including original stained glass windows and door, original fireplaces and wooden flooring." - but that's about it (see photos).

At 1000 sq. ft here's the evidence if you ever needed it that we are in bubble territory.

Roy
my parents got stung trying to buy the house a few doors up from this one back in 1988,offered 55k irish punts and was accepted but a few weeks later they took it off market and went to auction where they got around 60k punts or maybe less,ended up buying nearby for 56k
 

chihiro

Frequent Poster
Messages
47
tiger said:
Friend of mine who was house hunting recently created his own postal code system. He saw many houses in "Fing-nevin" & "Blanchard-knock", among other places :)
I like it! had hoped to buy in Cab-boro or Crum-age but found the prices going a bit too high. Can't decide whether the house I got in the end is Bally-core, Bally-mainham or Bally-izod;)
 

speirbhean

Frequent Poster
Messages
154
I thought Larkhill was in Whitehall but there's a house advertised on my home.ie that appears to be in Whitecondra...
 

justsally

Frequent Poster
Messages
744
Ahhhhhhhh location, location, location.

*You don't have to be born in a stable to be a horse* - the Duke of Wellington.
 
Top