Fees charged by IPF brokers on AVCs - explanation?

Protocol

Registered User
Messages
5,568
IPF are a brokers who deal with public service employers, e.g. selling AVCs


Here is a document with their fees:


My question is about understanding their fees on AVCs.

1777649143384.webp



Initial commission - is this a one-off fee on regular contributions?

Let's say I save 250 pm, starting age 50, with NRA of 65. How much is this commission?

2* term of 15 years = 30%, is that 30% of the €3,000 contributions, i.e. €900? Is that a one-off fee of €900?

But I also can't understand the note about commission?


Renewal commission - is this a charge on each and every monthly contribution?


And are both of these fees on top of the AMC fund charge?

Thanks

PS. I am not an employee of an organisation linked to this broker, so I can't ask them myself. I am conducting enquiries on behalf of friends.
 
2* term of 15 years = 30%, is that 30% of the €3,000 contributions, i.e. €900? Is that a one-off fee of €900?

Yes.

But I also can't understand the note about commission?

If you mean this note...

1777654124652.webp

Initial commission is paid as per your example above when you start the policy. Then if you increase the contribution in subsequent years, initial commission is calculated and paid again on the amount of the increase.

is this a charge on each and every monthly contribution?

Yes.

And are both of these fees on top of the AMC fund charge?

Not sure. Sometimes initial and renewal commissions are paid for by reducing the allocation rate accordingly. (In which case, the answer to your question is Yes.) Sometimes they are paid for by increasing the AMC. This sounds like one where they're paid separately to the AMC, but you'd need to verify with IPF.
 
Back
Top