Fed up with the banks

liger79

I've Gone thru most of them. Had very bad experience with BOI, run in's with AIB, had no problem with halifax but they left, NIB not an option with their cashless branches and currently with UB for 3months and i think now i might just close that and put my money under the matress because they are so bad.

Are PTSB any good? i went into my local branch once and wasn't impressed. A long wait to speak to a disinterested staff member that just wanted me to go away. But that could be just one staff member.

I cant believe how most of these places treat THEIR CUSTOMERS! you'd think they dont actually need us the way the go on.

I am fed up of the Banks too , but unfortunately they are a necessary evil.

I suggest you do the following and keep face-to-face meetings with your branch staff to the minimum :

1. apply to open account on-line
2. do online banking
3. use ATM's
4. Use quick-lodge

And do the lotto ...............It could be you !

Accounts accessed without permission to gain information on my income and debts by staff for their own use, Banks lying about terms/limits of accounts and credit cards when application being made to make sure i dont walk away without opening accounts. Banks closing down. Bank staff not returning calls for a week, refusing to commit to anything that they say and even one guy couldn't process an application for 2 weeks because he couldn't find a password for his login.

Yes your right i am totally over reacting because all that S*it was really my fault.

Ever thought it might be you

You took the words out of my mouth there vandriver :D

10 Do not abuse other posters
Attack an opinion by all means, but please don't attack the person expressing the opinion

Accounts accessed without permission to gain information on my income and debts by staff for their own use, Banks lying about terms/limits of accounts and credit cards when application being made to make sure i dont walk away without opening accounts. Banks closing down. Bank staff not returning calls for a week, refusing to commit to anything that they say and even one guy couldn't process an application for 2 weeks because he couldn't find a password for his login.

Yes your right i am totally over reacting because all that S*it was really my fault.

10 Do not abuse other posters
Attack an opinion by all means, but please don't attack the person expressing the opinion

It's probably you

2 Absolutely no bad language or profanities
We have a zero tolerance approach to bad language. If you use bad language, you will get a warning and your post will be removed. We don't allow self-censored expletives either such as ........

tis all here:

You do seem to have had a bad run of it. I'm with PTSB since they were Cork and Limerick savings and never had any trouble with them .I do most of banking online though.

What do you mean by accounts accessed without "your permission". Bank staff have access to customers account details for legitimate business and operational reasons. How do you know they used that information inappropraitely

How do you know bank staff "lied" Are you sure that you didn't simply misunderstood what was being said or only heard what you wanted to hear?

My experience with NIB has been very positive. Their online banking is superb. Even the move to cashless branches may work out swimmingly for me as I do very few in-branch cash transactions; the Post Office may prove handier for such.

Back