"Favourite Motors Ltd" Limerick banned from clocking cars

Brendan Burgess

Founder
Limerick Circuit court served a [broken link removed] on Favourite Motors Ltd at the request of the Director of Consumer Affairs

The NCA secured the undertaking, which forces the car dealer to desist from selling cars with altered odometer readings, after an investigation by its officers followed the agency having received complaints from customers.

An initial attempt to seek an undertaking from the dealer to stop offering clocked cars proved unsuccessful.

This could be a useful thread.

If anyone can find links to cases where dealers have been convicted of clocking cars, they can post them here.

Please do not post replies saying " I think XGF motors was convicted" .Only provide a newspaper report.

Or as in this odd case, where they have been served with a prohibiton order.

What does this mean? Does the court need to serve a prohibition order on me not to commit fraud?

It seems a bit lenient IMO too - apart from reputation damage their business won't really be affected. They only have to 'desist' from selling clocked cars. I.e. - obey the law in the first place.

'Costs' are mentioned alright but I would have thought that penalties might have been more severe. E.g. Environmental Health Officers can close a business fairly easily pending investigation/compliance.

Back