FAS WWP1 & WWP2 programmes abused by employers who recycle their workers every 9mo!

I recently saw where the Dept. of Justice were looking for 15 qualified solicitors to work in the department under the scheme!

Well I never, is the Department of Justice really in such dire straits??? Is there any hope for us. :eek:

re..taxpayers...and v.a.t

Hi, just to throw my penny's worth in. Its well documented that v.a.t is a high proportion of the countrys tax intake. We all regardless of wether employed or claiming social welfare pay v.a.t. We are all taxpayers to one extent or another, not just those in paid employment.

Its a bit of a dilemma. people think that everyones labour is worth something but at the same time should people get something for nothing? i.e. the dole? the people who work under this scheme give themselves a much better chance of gaining employment in an improving jobs market in the future than someone who just picked up their money and did nothing.

Its a bit of a dilemma. people think that everyones labour is worth something but at the same time should people get something for nothing? i.e. the dole?
People don't get something for nothing. Even a Dutch Gold drinking/Johnny Blue smoking skiver pays tax (VAT). Social welfare payments for many people are based on past insurance contributions.

Not if he buys his ciggies and dutch gold in newry. the dole he receives will be for nothing in return once his allowance is used up which is quite quickly. and the contributions paid are for far more than dole (Illness/pension) etc. its a little simplistic to say that the state pensions and dole (20 billion plus) could be paid using vat receipts.

its a little simplistic to say that the state pensions and dole (20 billion plus) could be paid using vat receipts.
That's not what I said. Perhaps you'd like to argue against the points I actually made, instead of the ones you just made up.

Back