Fas, 70 days off, pre retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
RonanC;
thedaras, no idea what your comment is about.

My comment and DB74s, is about you using "end of",which you now say you put at the end of your post in error.. that's fine,but you cannot expect posters to know that!

RonanC;

My comment and DB74s, is about you using "end of",which you now say you put at the end of your post in error.. that's fine,but you cannot expect posters to know that!

I understand.... do I get one lashing or two ?? :eek:

Delboy do you mean the actually have the option to take the pay instead of the leave ..the same leave that is given for an ease into their retirement?

That cant be right.. I must have read that wrong..

I'm not taking about the FAS guys here as I don't know how their system works. I'm talking about a few organisations that i have experience of....some guys are a year away from retirement age, they have 200 odd days a/l built up....so they go on a/l for effectively a year with full pay before their retirement then kicks in.
Or they apply for VS, get it and it does'nt start for say 6 months. They maybe have 80-120 days a/l built up...so the VS date is agreed to start at the end of their a/l.

As the person who mentioned the IMF in the 1st place, I only brought them into the debate as we often heard lines like "wait til the IMF get here, they will sort out all the nonsense" before they arrived.

But it just appears that we continue unabated, making stupid and costly decisions that beggar belief for a country that is bust.

I honestly think what beggers belief is the consistant defence of those who have these over genourous terms and conditions..
Look at Delboys post above and it would seem there is a lot more of this coming down the line.
Regardless of what others think of the Indo,we are at least getting information about whats really going on..
And who defends it..
And those who said wait til the IMF get here etc,they were probably hoping that they would sort it,but as very few people here in Ireland actually know these things are happening, what are the chances of the IMF being informed..

I'm not taking about the FAS guys here as I don't know how their system works. I'm talking about a few organisations that i have experience of....some guys are a year away from retirement age, they have 200 odd days a/l built up....so they go on a/l for effectively a year with full pay before their retirement then kicks in.
Or they apply for VS, get it and it does'nt start for say 6 months. They maybe have 80-120 days a/l built up...so the VS date is agreed to start at the end of their a/l.

Absolute & utter unsubstantiated nonsense .

Post the proof - " in my experience " indeed !

Totally & utterly unsubstantiated !

" 200 odd days " equates to approx 8 years annual leave - give us a break !

10 days a year saved by about 20 years will get you there
I have seen this first hand- I am not obliged to name and shame. Why are you so certain this is not the case???? What grounds do you have to insinuate I am lying here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back