Fancy a healthy breakfast

Think I'll stick to my work day breakfast. One warm from the oven buttered, crusty roll (long), one sausage, one soft fried egg, both cut and evenly distributed with just a smidgen of tomato ketchup. Eaten with a mug of freshly made coffee, two sugars and milk.

Granted, it's only once or twice a week but it's heaven and it gets me through the day. Every other day it's toast or a scone.

Think I'll stick to my work day breakfast. One warm from the oven buttered, crusty roll (long), one sausage, one soft fried egg, both cut and evenly distributed with just a smidgen of tomato ketchup. Eaten with a mug of freshly made coffee, two sugars and milk.

Granted, it's only once or twice a week but it's heaven and it gets me through the day. Every other day it's toast or a scone.

Sounds nice but funnily enough I could never stomach coffee with egg/sausage/bacon, it had to be tea. Then again Café au lait with 2 fresh croissants & homemade jam . . .mmm. ( my Saturday morning breakout after the farmers market. )

I saw an article a while back that said that the typical builders breakfast of fry and large mug of tea had less fat and sugar than the executive breakfast of latte and muffin.

I saw an article a while back that said that the typical builders breakfast of fry and large mug of tea had less fat and sugar than the executive breakfast of latte and muffin.

The link gawd-dammit, the link :cool:

Could believe that.

Lost weight after switching from Latte and danish to regular coffee with only a little milk and porridge. Lattes are essentially liquid fat with coffee flavour due to the amount of full fat milk.

Remember that programme on TV about getting people to reform their diets where the woman used to collect their poos in a lunchbox and examine them? Said milk was one of the worst things you could consume in high quantities due to its fat content.

Remember that programme on TV about getting people to reform their diets where the woman used to collect their poos in a lunchbox and examine them?

Wouldn't want to confuse your lunch boxes up in the morning:eek:

Sounds nice but funnily enough I could never stomach coffee with egg/sausage/bacon, it had to be tea. Then again Café au lait with 2 fresh croissants & homemade jam . . .mmm. ( my Saturday morning breakout after the farmers market. )

To be honest, it would be tea but for the fact I have this at work where it's all "on tap". I just need to time by brekkie break for when the coffee is freshly brewed, eggs freshly fried and the rolls are just out of the oven.

If I want to have tea I'd have to make that myself :)

Saturday mornings, Mr Bubbly brings all his "girls" breakfast in bed. Usually toast, scones or my current fav.....pancakes with mashed banana and warm chocolate spread.

Just heard Patrick Holford (famous English Nutritionalist) talking to Pat Kenny - he said that you get the same amount of sugar from one bowl of cornflakes as you would in 4 bowls of oat flakes. Also that the amount of raisins in general muesli is far too much sugar to consume in the morning - it will just give a sugar rush. Oatflakes with prunes or plums is a much better choice, or an apple eaten with some sunflower seeds or nuts - he said you won't feel hungry if you mix an apple or pear with seeds or nuts. A banana is a surprisingly fast sugar release food and should not be consumed for elevenses if in a sedentry job. He also gave the amazing fact that the sugar content of one whole punnet of strawberries equats to that of just one date! I have a couple of his books and find he talks alot of sense.

Just heard Patrick Holford (famous English Nutritionalist) talking to Pat Kenny - he said that you get the same amount of sugar from one bowl of cornflakes as you would in 4 bowls of oat flakes. Also that the amount of raisins in general muesli is far too much sugar to consume in the morning - it will just give a sugar rush. Oatflakes with prunes or plums is a much better choice, or an apple eaten with some sunflower seeds or nuts - he said you won't feel hungry if you mix an apple or pear with seeds or nuts. A banana is a surprisingly fast sugar release food and should not be consumed for elevenses if in a sedentry job. He also gave the amazing fact that the sugar content of one whole punnet of strawberries equats to that of just one date! I have a couple of his books and find he talks alot of sense.

Me too. I actually have granola for breakfast now after reading all his stuff. Lizi's granola original is the best one as its got no dried fruit in it which hike up the sugar levels. I get til about 12:15 on it then i am hungry!! I none of the people from www.holfordwatch.com are looking at this, they freak over Patricks theories!

Saturday mornings, Mr Bubbly brings all his "girls" breakfast in bed. Usually toast, scones or my current fav.....pancakes with mashed banana and warm chocolate spread.

D'ya think he'd notice a few more girls this saturday morning? I'm available for a sleepover ( as are my daughters).;)

Back