Family will related dispute

B

Benny

I took on a family project when my last surviving parent was alive which involved me being dedicated to the project full time for 9 months and submitting a large commercial planning application which in combination with the market increased the price achieved by 80%. My parent died half way thru the process.
The property has now been sold.
My siblings now don't appear to be willing to compensate me for the work done even though they will have benefited very significantly. A compensation had been agreed verbally with one of the executors and i have some premlininary emails concerning this but nothing bullet proof.
If they don't offer to pay .. do i have any legal options open to me to force things ?

Can i even do something legally to delay/freeze disbursement to allow them to reflect ?

Anybody recommend a good solicitor for this kind of problem ?

If they don't offer to pay .. do i have any legal options open to me to force things

Yes, seek legal advice, but on a preliminary basis it appears you have a case for payment.

Can i even do something legally to delay/freeze disbursement to allow them to reflect ?

Yes, your solicitor will advise.

Anybody recommend a good solicitor for this kind of problem ?

If you want to give your location, someone may have a specific recommendation but most solicitors would be able to advise anyway.

thanks for advice.

Can you tell me the legal basis for believing i have a case in your interpetation.

In natural justice/fairness i would have one undoubtedly but i am just wondering in the legal situation.

is there a defined procedure associated with freezing a will.

I am in dublin.

Can you tell me the legal basis for believing i have a case in your interpetation.

Yes I can, but I will not. This is a perfect example of a situation where you need targetted legal advice given during an individual detailed consultation with a legal adviser.

is there a defined procedure associated with freezing a will.

No, but there is a process which will prevent a grant being extracted without your knowledge, and there are other avenues available to you also.

I can't personally recommend a solicitor in Dublin, perhaps someone else can.

Back