Family Room in Paris Hotel

Happy Girl

Have done a search but cant find any specific posts on Paris hotels that have family rooms. Has anybody any recommendations from their own experiences. As reasonably priced as possible needless to say!

Have done a search but cant find any specific posts on Paris hotels that have family rooms. Has anybody any recommendations from their own experiences. As reasonably priced as possible needless to say!

Do you still want information on campsites with apartment accomodation?

Citadines have a number of apts to rent in various parts of Paris at reasonable rates.

Do you still want information on campsites with apartment accomodation?

Can I ask what this has to do with my post here?
If you have any recommendations to make perhaps to post them in the other query I posted would be better as it would make it easier for others with a similar query to locate information given by other posters.

.......I’ve stayed a few times in the Ibis hotel in Cambronne (near the Eiffel Tower). http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-1400-ibis-paris-tour-eiffel-cambronne-15eme/index.shtml which has family rooms. (and there have always been French families there whenever I’ve stayed).

Thanks. Just emailed them last nite & got reply this morning to say they have no family rooms available. Great pity because this is exactly what we looking for - reasonable priced & basic clean central accommodation.

We stayed a couple of times in the [broken link removed]** — not quite as central, and not in the most scenic of locations, but it's straight across the road from the Porte de Clichy RER station and is well served by buses, too. They do nice big triple rooms from €79.

If you want cheaper still, try the unbeatable Formule 1 chain — basic, functional, soulless ...and cheap as chips. The hotel at Porte de Châtillon is probably the best of the Paris ones, triple rooms from €45. Again, you're on the edge of the Périphérique, but 10/15 mins on the Métro will take you wherever you want to go. They have hotels at the Porte de Clignancourt and the Porte de Montreuil, too, but these are slightly dodgier areas to be coming back to with kids late at night.

You could also consider staying in an apartment. Short term lets are sometimes available out of season. I’ve rented from this lot with no problems:
[broken link removed]

Thanks for all recommendations. Am googling away looking and wondering if there are any particular areas of Paris that would be considered "no go" areas or best avoided.

Not really. For a city of its size, it's extremely well policed and I'd feel safer walking around the city centre at night than I would in Dublin, to be honest. I didn't mean to put the wind up you when I mentioned 'dodgy' areas. :eek:

Some of the outer suburbs have their problems, but within Paris itself the worst you're likely to run up against is bag-snatchers and the like hanging around the tourist traps. That said, obviously you want to use normal common sense and not go wandering off down darkened side streets with a neon 'Tourists!' sign over your heads...

Hi

try a site called deliciousbaby have found it invaluable in the past!

k&d

We've stayed at Hotel Langlois near L'Opera on numerous occasions. The family suites include two adjoining rooms. Very good hotel with breakfast, which is handy for kids. Check out http://www.hotel-langlois.com/ and reviews on www.tripadvisor.com The hotel is about 200m from a good Metro stop and is within walking distance of the main shopping district.

Back