False complaint made about my driving, call from Garda

Status
Not open for further replies.
whereas I waited for the line to break so that I could get into the lane legally. As it happened, the first gap in the line of taxis/cars in the lane illegally early was in front of her car.

Any thoughts?

I cannot understand why drivers wait for the "line break". I have seen cars take an almost 90 degree turn from the inside lane of the N11, cutting across the bus lane to exit. If there are buses, taxis or other cars already in the bus lane then you have to wait until these pass you on the inside leaving you exposed to be rear ended.
This whole area needs to be looked at again because it is dangerous. Surely it is better to read the situation and switch lanes before waiting for the line break.

I cannot understand why drivers wait for the "line break". I have seen cars take an almost 90 degree turn from the inside lane of the N11, cutting across the bus lane to exit. If there are buses, taxis or other cars already in the bus lane then you have to wait until these pass you on the inside leaving you exposed to be rear ended.
This whole area needs to be looked at again because it is dangerous. Surely it is better to read the situation and switch lanes before waiting for the line break.
Been there, done that and got stopped by a Garda for entering the bus lane 5 meters before the broken line.

Didn't get a fine, but got told off and had to produce licence etc. at Cabinteely Garda Station.

It is dangerous and IMHO the broken line needs to be extended further back from the turnoff.

Having read his account, he was in the wrong for beeping because he was stuck on a luas line. He shouldn't have crossed the line until he was sure he would get across. He was obviously travelling too close to the car in front if he got stuck becuase the car in front stopped for whatever reason. He had no right to beep at her.
Correct.

There will be no file kept.

Probably not correct. If the complaint was lodged through the Garda TrafficWatch system, there will be a record of the original complaint.

Yes I agree, very poorly planned line breaks for turning left on a road where there are bus lanes. I experience this regularly on the N2.

I talked to the Garda and she said that they weren't going to take any action as there was no incident, it was her word against mine etc.

Any thoughts?

No further action should be taken by you. It's just one of those things, and I'm pleased to hear the Garda did her job and acted on a complaint. Very professional. And she listened to your reply and decided no further action is required which based on what you've posted seems to be the best course of action. For all concerned.

But has the information been recorded somewhere....and when the OP blows a kiss next time and a complaint is made what will be the outcome.

Of course this has all been recorded. I can't believe that people would think otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back