Failte Towers - Charities turn down money offer

I'm with Jody on this. The Board of Breast Cancer Carities are probably for the most part consisted of cancer survivors. Part of the mission of these charities is to make women comfortable with their bodies post masectomy.

I'm sure their decision was not taken lightly.

Sorry to barge in but I just had to get my tuppence worth in on this one. I know that she originally approached some other breast cancer based charity but I understand their reluctance to have her out front (pardon the pun) for their campaigns. As a breast cancer patient in the past I can totally understand the moral debate that it might have raised, it is such a sensitive time and every single person is different. Many find the mutilation of mastectomies and various treatments quite hard to deal with, as you would expect. I would think that the media would use the opportunity to publish topless photos of her and although I personally would not have a problem I can certainly see that there would be many who would not follow. I am delighted she has found a charity close to her heart and wish her the best !
This had not occurred to me... very good point.

I would love to see more postgrad support grants.

I am thinking about doing some recearch work at the moment - there is no funding. But combing it with work might not be that bad.

Governments going on about research is all hot air.

I am thinking about doing some recearch work at the moment - there is no funding. But combing it with work might not be that bad.

Governments going on about research is all hot air.

If you think there is no money for research in third level try getting grants for research in industry!

If you think there is no money for research in third level try getting grants for research in industry!

Depends on the research area I guess. Personally I've found that there is generally a lot of government grants available but few industrial grants.

I watched it last night for the first time. The presenters are rubbish, the format is a little different but I really enjoyed it.
It appears the programme makers are putting so much pressure on the "stars" that they are rebelling. Don Baker came close to punching one of the judges last night. It was brilliant...

The presenters really are muppets - but yeah the show is good craic alright - loved the Don Baker row, he really looked like he wanted to smack Derry Clark (and who could blame him!!). The editing is sloppy (switching from one day to the next and pretending that it's all the same day and such) but it's a bit of fun to watch! Some of those on it look like they're about to crack up!

herself loves that junk, and I watch it for the craic. Don Baker was on the verge of pyschosis last night, twas excellent, he went from agreeing with Derry (who I cant stand) to wanting to box the head off him 5 seconds later in relation to the same point.

Dear o dear Liz O'Kane (v southside) wont make a hang sangwidge and she working in a hotel kitchen, and the sister Deirdre doing cringey Costcutter ads, proof positive that the country is doomed !! :D

The one thing I cant stand, and the rabble rousing Don was spot on re this point, is how sanctimonious the judges on these things are, they stick a load of cluless people into a situation where they are guaranteed to fail outright and then start castigating them for their failures.

This programme should be titled "Big Brother's Apprentice in Hells X-Factor Kitchen "

Must say I enjoy the show but I think Michelle should have been put out for her mooning act in front of the window. Think only one of the judges referred to it. She's a well known lady and what example did she send out by doing this.

Must say I enjoy the show but I think Michelle should have been put out for her mooning act in front of the window. Think only one of the judges referred to it. She's a well known lady and what example did she send out by doing this.

Somebody mooned... Big deal :rolleyes:

They are all cooped up in a hotel working hard to make money for charity. She may be well known (as well as any B or C celebrity I guess) but how is her mooning going to corrupt the minds of the Irish people?
Gimme a break.

Personally I think it is unacceptable behaviour and done in public it is an offence. When small children see this I presume they think its ok for them to do this too. These celebs doing the show were not brow beaten into doing it and I wonder how many of them would do it if it were not being shown on tv? Michelle should have been sent home straight away in my opinion. Would she like it if somebody came in for an audition for "Your a Star" and done it in front of her?

Well there certainly will be a younger age group still watching it. No matter what, in my opinion its still not acceptable behaviour.

Well there certainly will be a younger age group still watching it. No matter what, in my opinion its still not acceptable behaviour.

Now that you have explained it like that I must admit your right. She should be placed in a Magdelene Laundry for her er.. sin.

She should be told not to run back into the hotel either after being told she was staying for another night. Her ample bosoms moving like that might corrupt the younger people watching the show.

The Banker. I take it then that you think this behaviour is ok. Lets say your driving along the street tomorrow and some young teen does the same to you, I presume that would be fine too? Don't know your status but lets say you have a daughter and she does same to somebody, do you just ignore it ?

To be shown after the 9:00 PM watershed? I have no issues with it.
Michelle Heaton isn't a young teen and you are underestimating the Irish teen scene if you think that they will be influenced by what goes on in Failte Towers.

I don't have a daughter but if I had and she was over 18 I would not be annoyed or upset if she mooned someone in a fun situation. Teens today do a lot more outrageous stuff than mere mooning. I have a wife and if she mooned someone I would actually find it amusing.

Certainly she's not a young teen, maybe she should act her age then. It's all about showing example. Could'nt picture Bibi doing it, could you? I don't think its amusing by any means. If my husband did it I can tell you I would be absolutely outraged.

Back