FAI Turmoil

O

OnTheMove

Given the recent turmoil in the FAI and their roles in the Saipan/Keane affair, the failure to implement the Genesis report, the Rooney affair and now the breakdown of relations with Minister O'Donoghue. Surely it time for Delaney and Milo Corcoran to be booted out of the FAI
The real loser here is grassroots soccer. The FAI need a new start under new Leadership. The time for shennigans/buffonery is over.

Certainly it makes one think. What is the state of Irish soccer? This crap has been going on for years! Why is the taxpayer bailing out this bunch of idiots? You don't find this sort of thing in the IRFU or the GAA. It is saddening.

The real loser here is grassroots soccer.

The FAI never cared about grassroots/domestic football. One high-ranking blazer even boasted about being a Liverpool season ticket holder not too long ago! :rolleyes State funding to the FAI should be curtailed or stopped until this mess is sorted out.

Hang on... some of my tax money is going towards football???
FFS

I suppose the argument might be 'Would you prefer it to be spent on football, or on prison for the misspent youth who got "bored" when there was no football to play & robbed your car instead'?

Hang on... some of my tax money is going towards football???

'Would you prefer it to be spent on football, or on prison for the misspent youth who got "bored" when there was no football to play & robbed your car instead'?

What about all the sports people at all levels, some of them highly paid professionals, who still end up in the slammer? Sport is not some sort of panacea for those with criminal tendancies...

Back