Facia board plastic covering damaged

Billo

UPC were working in the estate last week and while removing a connection from the facia board area they damaged the plastic covering and left a hole about one inch square there.
I now want to patch up the plastic covering to keep water out.

Is there a suitable patch available anywhere ?
If so what's it called ?

I did ask UPC to repair damage and they said they would return, but I think they are gone.

Billo

Ascend an extension ladder to access the fascia trim board.
Grind down wood softened by rot with a die grinder
Measure the moisture using the moisture meter. Grind down the wood again if the readout is greater than 18.
Drill at least three 1/2-inch deep holes into the damaged area of the fascia trim board.
Inject the wood preservative into the drilled holes using the syringe.
Brush on a two part epoxy primer using a 2-inch latex paintbrush. Apply it only to the damaged area, and wipe up any excess epoxy primer with paper towels. Allow the primer to cure for at least 15 minutes.
Mix the epoxy catalyst with the resin on top of a plastic board. Stir them together using a plastic putty knife.
Smear the epoxy wood filler into the damaged area of the fascia trim board using the putty knife. Mold the filler to match the shape of the rest of the trim board.
Then a lick off paint and your done.

Ascend an extension ladder to access the fascia trim board.
Grind down wood softened by rot with a die grinder
Measure the moisture using the moisture meter. Grind down the wood again if the readout is greater than 18.
Drill at least three 1/2-inch deep holes into the damaged area of the fascia trim board.
Inject the wood preservative into the drilled holes using the syringe.
Brush on a two part epoxy primer using a 2-inch latex paintbrush. Apply it only to the damaged area, and wipe up any excess epoxy primer with paper towels. Allow the primer to cure for at least 15 minutes.
Mix the epoxy catalyst with the resin on top of a plastic board. Stir them together using a plastic putty knife.
Smear the epoxy wood filler into the damaged area of the fascia trim board using the putty knife. Mold the filler to match the shape of the rest of the trim board.
Then a lick off paint and your done.
Thanks sblandscapin.
I will study your reply and decide whether I should tackle it myself or get an expert in.

Thanks again.

If its not bad i would just fill it with silicone. Especially if it was only done last week...

But thats not an expert opinion :rolleyes: as in the one above.

Have to say above sounds much better though a little hard work for me.

I believe the op refers to pvc fascia rather than timber fascia.I would have thought a fascia joint(usually used when joining two lengths of fascia) would cover your 1"sq hole.

I believe the op refers to pvc fascia rather than timber fascia.I would have thought a fascia joint(usually used when joining two lengths of fascia) would cover your 1"sq hole.

Thanks Sean

Where would I get a fascia joint ?

Billo, You can pick up a fascia joint in most good builder providers, Heiton Buckley, Woodies etc. Just make sure the joint matches your fascia mould.Generally there are two types,plain and ogee,with ogee being the more popular [broken link removed]

UPC were working in the estate last week and while removing a connection from the facia board area they damaged the plastic covering and left a hole about one inch square there.
I now want to patch up the plastic covering to keep water out.

Is there a suitable patch available anywhere ?
If so what's it called ?

I did ask UPC to repair damage and they said they would return, but I think they are gone.

Billo
I wouldn't touch it. I would write to UPC and let them call out and fix it, they caused the problem.

Billo, You can pick up a fascia joint in most good builder providers, Heiton Buckley, Woodies etc. Just make sure the joint matches your fascia mould.Generally there are two types,plain and ogee,with ogee being the more popular [broken link removed]

Thanks Sean. This may be the easiest option.

Thanks also to your holiness Pope John 11. I will do this if Sean's option is not successful.

Thanks Sean. This may be the easiest option.

Thanks also to your holiness Pope John 11. I will do this if Sean's option is not successful.

Your more than welcome...Best of luck

Back