F Drive has disappeared

taxi

Another problem with my laptop and 3Ireland broadband........

Had the modem working but couldn't always get connected so the guy in shop suggested an extension cable which I got, when I plugged it in I got a message saying the F drive cannot be found. I've plugged in an external hard drive which works fine and shows as being on F. The store even replaced the modem in case there was a fault with it.

The message I get is F:\refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network.

Any ideas on what I need to do, it's driving me mad:mad:

It's a USB extension, it slots into USB port and modem then connects into it

I don't understand - what is the 3 modem connected to and what is the external USB hard drive connected to? E.g. directly to a port on the laptop or the extension cable? Did the external hard drive ever work? Connected to what?

remove the 3 software and plug the device back in again and it should re-install itself. those devices are very dodgy

The '3' gadgets are OK, they just need a bit of patience to initialise and some understanding.

The gadget has a simulates a connected CD and that's how it installs the software. Very handy for going from PC to PC, no need for an actual CD. But, this could displace your existing drive mappings and when you remove the '3' gadget, could leave you with an 'unattached' drive.

Back