Eye laser treatments, experiences please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had it done 6 or 7 years ago in Blackrock Clinic, (would have to check my records to see when exactly) and I am still delighted with the results. I was roughly -5.5 in both eyes beforehand so really could do nothing without glasses.

I had it done in the Blackrock Clinic (Prof Louis Collum) about a year and a half ago. I am extremely squemish and can't even look at hypodermic needle without feeling sick, but I found the eye op fine. It is a little uncomfortable, but that's it.

I would urge anyone thinking about it to attend an experienced surgeon. It is not something you should scrimp on or take risks with.

I am delighted with the operation, despite two side effects; I have to use drops in the morning when I wake up (artelac, cost aprox 4.50 a month) and when using a computer as my eyes feel a bit dry; also when driving at night on unlight roads oncoming traffic can cause glare, luckily I don't do this type of driving much, so it's not a big deal.

I would have the op again tomorrow if I had to.

I am little nervous about having the treatment, but hate wearing glasses. I have read about Ortho K lenses has anybody tried them, are they available in Dublin or even Ireland? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back