Extractor fan from ensuite

Pope John 11

I am presently installing a shower room which has an existing extractor unit with only a half inch extract pipe. Is this sufficient enough to extract the condensation. The room is quite small at 1m by 2m. Any comments appreciated

1/2 " pipe sounds wrong.. I don't even know how you would pipe a 1/2" fitting to an extractor fan. You should be looking st a 4" extract hose anyway. Can't see it being any way efficient at 1/2".

J

1/2 " pipe sounds wrong.. I don't even know how you would pipe a 1/2" fitting to an extractor fan. You should be looking st a 4" extract hose anyway. Can't see it being any way efficient at 1/2".

J

Sorry, my mistake, it is a 2 inch white pvc pipe. The extract fan is already there in the room, however it did not have a shower before. Will it suffice?

Yeah, I reckon it should be fine. Not ideal, but no reason it won't work. Is it sealed to the fan correctly?

J

Yeah, I reckon it should be fine. Not ideal, but no reason it won't work. Is it sealed to the fan correctly?

J

This I'm not too sure, but I think I know what you mean. If its not sealed, then it is almost useless.

I will need to check this.

What do you mean by saying that it is not ideal, will it result in mildew etc.

Back