Extra monthly Mortgage repayments using UB anytime banking online

laragh

Hi,

Has anyone managed to set up their Ulster Bank mortgage loan account so that it can be accessed online??

I have a U-First current account and wanted to be able to make regular overpayments against the outstanding principle on the mortgage balance.
Have just got off the phone from a Customer Service Adviser who told me that this was not possible???
Can this be true??

If so then UB's online banking is even worse than I thought!
It a rubbish service with no ability to pay third party (i.e. not any other banks) credit card bills online either.

The absolute pits....!

I also use UB online banking and it is possible to pay a third party by setting up a beneficiary maintenance. A point of contention is that I cant access my Visa card status but I manage without it. I dont have my mortgage with UB so cant comment on your specific query. I get all I need from the arrangement though.

It a rubbish service with no ability to pay third party (i.e. not any other banks) credit card bills online either.

I totally disagree with you laragh. The UB anytime service is great. I use it on a daily basis.

I can make third transfers to any other bank and also transfer money to my credit card.

I suggest you check the facts before stating its a rubbish service again.

It's not a great service really when compared to AIB's for example. You can only use it easily on one computer and if you go abroad on holidays for instance, you won't be able to gain instant access.

You can set up payments to accounts in other banks quite easily. However, I had an MBNA credit card account and was informed by both UB and MBNA that it wasn't possible to pay credit card bill using Anytime, without major hassle.

In my opinion, and I use it all the time too, it needs to be vastly upgraded. It's most definitely not user friendly.

Hmmm - I "had" an Ulster Bank account and mortgage -

They advised me that I cannot access my mortgage account on-line .
The only way to make regular payments is to write to your branch authorizing them to make a draft of the amount of payment you wish to make and this will
be debited from your account.

....They will then make out a draft to house mortgage which will cost you 2 euro.
Also note please check that they do as authorized often for me this was not the case.

For example I ask them to use the payment to reduce term instead they reduced my monthly payments...

Demand that they send you in writing a receipt of payment and the amount outstanding and that they reduced the term !!!

As for the on-line service - I could make third party transfers to other bank accounts. The only other on-line account I had was PTSB where I could see my mortgage details and all other loans I had with them ......I

You can access it from other computers.

But it helps if you have a degree in Computer Science if you want to do this.

You need to put the *.der private key file on a memory stick and copy it into the right directory (/winnt/java I think). Then you can log into the site.
At least it is secure but I'd prefer more convenience over excessive security.

i think whatever way it was built just doesn't really allow for it to be used on multiple computers and then they realised a kind of work around.

I work in IT and have only gotten this .der file thing to work some of the time. On certain computers, it simply won't work, no matter where you put the file or what you try to rename it.

Unregistered said:
If you know you can repay x amount extra every month you can write to UB and request your monthly direct debit to be increased.

I had an UB mortgage and I requested that they up my payments - they just ignored the letter or (it got lost .......)
if you do increase your monthly direct debits make sure you get a

1. regular statement of your balance
2. a letter in writing of you additional payments
....of all the banks I have dealt with
so far .....UB maybe one of the most competitive in price but house mortgages in particular seems to need more attention to customer detail ....(maybe I was unlucky)

thats why I made lump sum payments as suggested in the posting Yesterday 11:56 PM (this website was in the process of a trasnfer and lost my poting name)

....how's ever the online banking for normal transfers and bill payments is good
and security is a good thing even if it causes inconveniences !

I have accessed UB anytime from work and from home, I found the quickest non tech way is to re-register, get a new shared secret, reset the password and logon in from there.

My biggest issue with UB anytime is how slow it is to update. This probably relates to phone banking more than online (where you can get the latest information be clicking the 'I' icon) but it can take 3/4 days for a transaction to be reflected when I phone anytime. By the time a transaction hits I've already made other withdrawals/lodgements that haven't been accounted for - therefore my phone banking is NEVER accurate which can be very frustrating. Anyone else experience this?

In my experience, it only took 3 days if the transaction was a lodgement from another bank and took that amount of time to be cleared to my account. I found that at midnight every day, that day's deposits and withdrawals are registered to the phone banking as well as the internet.

If you know you can repay x amount extra every month you can write to UB and request your monthly direct debit to be increased.

Back