extra for mayonnaise: sandwich was €3.99 but was charged €4.24 after mayo added.

Re: extra for mayonnaise: sandwich was €3.99 but was charged €4.24 after mayo added.

Out of interest, was it the "On the Run" deli that are at all the Esso stations Same thing happenened me there. I asked for a wrap and she put one slice of turkey on it. I asked for another and when I got to the till it was over €5. I asked why it was so expensive and she said it was another 95cent for the extra slice of turkey. I told her it was a rip-off and left it there and walked out. Her jaw was on the ground.
That was about two years ago so it's probably more expensive now!

Re: extra for mayonnaise: sandwich was €3.99 but was charged €4.24 after mayo added.

Sorry for late reply was away all day mayo was charged as an extra topping my work mate got a ham roll with coleslaw and cheese his label read 1 meat roll with two extra toppings hence mayo/cheese/coleslaw is all an extra topping. When i questioned it the assistant told me the owner had put the price on recently for the mayo.

Where did this happen, Jeannie?

Once again - what sort of price list was displayed and what was itemised on it?

No price list that was obvious but next time I am there I will have a proper look I was passing through the town I don't live there.

To all those posters giving out, the original sandwich cost €3.99. That seems a fair price to include Mayo. Work out the costs for the end value of 3.99 and it works out a relatively small amount. And if the labour costs are to high it is because the customers don't return. I wonder why ???

Back