extension for phone line to upstairs bedroom

R

rabbit

Anyone any thoughts on wiring a bedroom upstairs for a phone ? A fixed line is required upstairs rather than a rechargeable phone etc. At the moment the only fixed line in the house is to a phone in the hall downstairs. Can a diy person get the bits + do it themselves , or is it best left to the professionals ?

I'd say it's a fairly straightforward DIY job, if you can avoid the need to drill through walls/floors. The phone cable itself doesn't carry a lot of current or anything, so — subject to correction! — I can't see that there's a big fire/safety issue.

Somebody with basic DIY skills should be able to do it. I'm sure that a quick Google will find instructions on how to do it.

Post crossed with DrM's.

All the phones cables connectors faceplates and boxes are now available in hardware and DIY shops, so no need to involve eircom.

hardest piece will be routing the cable. Doing the business at either end to connect is a breeze.

I've seen devices in Argos or B&Q that enable you to get an extension through the electrical circuit by plugging a receiver into a sending and a receiving socket.

Back