Explain where money came from

Anything they want.

For example the button monkey in the branch does your application and sends it to underwriting. It's queued until someone looks at it.

If they want to know about where a lodgement came from an email gets sent to button monkey in branch, they contact you and you explain lodgement. Button monkey sends reply to underwriting. It joins the queue again until someone looks at reply. Then they might want to see an extra document to support what you said or for something else. Email sent to button monkey again etc etc and just repeat and hope that you don't lose your mind during the process.

Their underwriting dept. Lost my application for weeks. The button monkey didn't send up all the paperwork and then took holidays. Button monkey 2 took over. Branch manager got involved. 3 months later they admitted they fucked up and then declined the application. I have no idea if the underwriter ever got tge full application info.

I have given 12 months savings and current account statements. As well as 12 months mortgage statement. P60. Salary Certificate. Can they ask for more than 12 months statements.

Is it just AIB looking for 12 month statements? We applied to KBC & only had to provide six months of statements.

Is it just AIB looking for 12 month statements? We applied to KBC & only had to provide six months of statements.

Yeah just aib. Application gone to mortgage office so hopefully. They said they might need additional information. They didn't say what though. Ye any ideas what maybe they could want. Hardly a further 6 to 12 months accounts

It's not just the statements, it's what's in the statements, such as large once off lodgements/ withdrawals. If you didn't explain your winnings when the application went in, they will ask how that came about. Better off telling them everything at the beginning to save time.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

It's not just the statements, it's what's in the statements, such as large once off lodgements/ withdrawals. If you didn't explain your winnings when the application went in, they will ask how that came about. Better off telling them everything at the beginning to save time.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie
If i can't explain then what.
Also can they ask for more than 12 months accounts

the button monkey in the branch

email gets sent to button monkey in branch
Button monkey sends reply to underwriting.
Email sent to button monkey again
The button monkey didn't send up all the paper
Button monkey 2 took over.
Is this a recognised job description?

While acknowledging the frustration, I have severe reservations on the terminology used to describe the front line staff! If I was dealing with someone who regarded me as a "button monkey" I would not exactly be hurrying to progress their loan application.

44brebdan. How long is the waiting time for an application. Do they say yes no or will they offer something even if it's under what the person is looking for.

Jay, Banks will differ on response time to loan applications. In your case it would appear that the underwriting section requires further information in order to verify some issues that have arisen in the process. However it is unusual that if further information is required for this not to have been passed on to the clients! I appreciate the "button monkey" comments may have been somewhat warranted by the absence of any clear message on why there is a delay. Normally the front line staff member can pick up the phone and establish exactly what stage the application is at and it will be quite clear whether further information is required. If you are getting no satisfactory response from this official you should demand to speak with a manager and specify your complaint at any undue delay!

While acknowledging the frustration, I have severe reservations on the terminology used to describe the front line staff! If I was dealing with someone who regarded me as a "button monkey" I would not exactly be hurrying to progress their loan application.

It has a nice ring to it all the same. Would you agree that he ought not to tell the bank about the bet, if I were him I most certainly would not. We had many posters on here who were refused mortgages as they had a direct debit to Paddy Power.

Of course you're a professional in the business, so maybe you cannot officially tell clients not to advise banks about gambling accounts.

Filled out application form and sent off documents. Bank said they might need information down the road. What else could they want??
How long does an aib application take??

This is a question like how long is a piece of string. You just grit your teeth and send them what they want, if you're very organised and they are efficient (sic) it could be quick. Those type of scenarios only exist in the banks 'advertising'. You will get to know very well the person in branch and the 'lovely people' in the mortgage department, different ones at different times. All looking for this or that bit of paper, that you've already sent.

Make copies of everything. And create a binder.

Ok. Bank came back asking where i got my 5k. If i say it was a gift will they look at other persons bank account or will a letter do

Tell them you sold something on Donedeal or something. Or else tell them the truth. I'm sure that plenty of rich bankers go to Chelnahem and other races. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Or do like some of our previous politicians, tell them that you can't remember where the money came from.
There could be bank underwriters reading Askaboutmoney.com too. By bringing up the subject here they might be onto your Chelnahem flutter.

If i said the money was from a loan i gave my brother in 2010 or something. And he only repaid me now. Would the bank want to see that money from my account in 2010 or would they just say ok. Believable.

I think he means somebody at data entry level. Keying in the data on a computer.
Yeah, I know exactly what he means Bronte and i don't think it has a nice ring to it. This could be your son/daughter/brother/sister that he's referring to and it says more about the poster than the person processing the application.

They can hardly look for the other person's bank account statement.

A lie makes sense here.

Posters should be aware that obtaining a loan by deception is an offence under Section 7 of the Criminal Justice (Theft and Fraud Offences) Act 2001. The DPP has brought a number of recent prosecutions for mortgage fraud so I would suggest that Jay1981 should proceed with caution.

Posters should be aware that obtaining a loan by deception is an offence under Section 7 of the Criminal Justice (Theft and Fraud Offences) Act 2001. The DPP has brought a number of recent prosecutions for mortgage fraud so I would suggest that Jay1981 should proceed with caution.
Noted. Thanks

Back