Explain where money came from

Jay1981

Hi. We are going to go for a mortgage soon and bank asks us for 12 months bank statements on current account. We have saved up more than enough for a deposit but in March last year i got lucky and won an accumulator on horses and deposited the winnings (£5234 into my account. I don't want the bank to know how i got it because betting is a no no when applying for mortgage so is there any other way to explain where it came from.
Many thanks,
Jay

I put it in my account and and says the amount i deposited. We were at cheltenham last year.

Is it the same bank as where you want to apply for the mortgage? If so they could see where the transaction came from.

Jay

Online gambling is a big no no as it usually only shows money going out and never money coming in (people usually spend their winnings when betting online).

Is there other evidence of you being at Cheltenham last year on your credit card statements, bank accounts e.g. flights, hotels etc? They won't expect you to go to Cheltenham and not have a flutter! Do you remember how much you put on to win the accumulator?

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Yeah. But will they ask for there bank account details if i say i got it from family.

Would they believe that. Don't want them hung up on this or should I wait till April and will be out of 12 months range.
I wouldn't say so. I had to prove that for a 3k lodgement. And I was genuine! I had to wait for a letter from departament of transport in Shannon to say my car has changed ownership and such and such date, and they were also looking for a print out of that ad on the Internet. That was the only lodgement in my account apart from my wage. But maybe you are luckier! Fingers crossed.

I wouldn't say so. I had to prove that for a 3k lodgement. And I was genuine! I had to wait for a letter from departament of transport in Shannon to say my car has changed ownership and such and such date, and they were also looking for a print out of that ad on the Internet. That was the only lodgement in my account apart from my wage. But maybe you are luckier! Fingers crossed.

Dam. Need to find a way around this.

You had a garage sale and sold lots of bits and pieces on Done Deal. The trailer you sold was worth €1800 alone! And what about that vintage motorbike in the garage that you failed to restore. No documents ... 'twas a rebuild. That got you €500. You had a few kayaks that you needed rid of. ................... etc. etc.

Surf Done Deal for a few imaginative ideas! :)

Its such a joke..... You'd think they'd be more concerned with the outgoings! Tell them you sold bank shares!

Filled out application form and sent off documents. Bank said they might need information down the road. What else could they want??
How long does an aib application take??

Over a month. Every time the underwriter asks a question you go to back of queue.

They are awful.

Anything they want.

For example the button monkey in the branch does your application and sends it to underwriting. It's queued until someone looks at it.

If they want to know about where a lodgement came from an email gets sent to button monkey in branch, they contact you and you explain lodgement. Button monkey sends reply to underwriting. It joins the queue again until someone looks at reply. Then they might want to see an extra document to support what you said or for something else. Email sent to button monkey again etc etc and just repeat and hope that you don't lose your mind during the process.

Their underwriting dept. Lost my application for weeks. The button monkey didn't send up all the paperwork and then took holidays. Button monkey 2 took over. Branch manager got involved. 3 months later they admitted they fucked up and then declined the application. I have no idea if the underwriter ever got tge full application info.

Back