Expired Gift Voucher - Customer Bites Back!

A friend used a one4all card at a retailer recently, and was charged a fee for using it - not something I'd heard of before.
Here's how one4all works.

10% of the gross sales price is paid in commission.

Assuming you are selling goods that have 23% vat, this is effectively a 12.3% commission on your net sales price.

They do not deviate from this commission rate except for the very large retailers where they will go as low as 2%

I put it as a marketing cost as the hope is that the customer will return, but it's debatable whether it is worth it.

On the other hand, me2you charge 2%-7.5% depending on various factors. We are at 3.5% with them. Far fairer and you will see a far bigger variety of stores on their retailer list.

Btw, credit and debit cards are well under 1%

I asked Ryanair to increase the term of my Ryanair Gift Card last October that was expiring last October. The just blankly refused to do it, even in the middle of a pandemic. It would have been so nice if they had increased the term by a year.....they were going to get the business from it one way or the other.

I asked Ryanair to increase the term of my Ryanair Gift Card last October that was expiring last October. The just blankly refused to do it, even in the middle of a pandemic. It would have been so nice if they had increased the term by a year.....they were going to get the business from it one way or the other.
If you had bought a flight with the voucher, would they have extended its departure date if asked?

If you had bought a flight with the voucher, would they have extended its departure date if asked?
I ended up purchasing flights back in October in order to use up the Gift Card. Unfortunately there was very little on offer because Ryanair had not loaded most of their Spring or Summer schedules at that time. Also, their prices were at their highest then as they hadn't started with any of their "sales".

I ended up purchasing flights back in October in order to use up the Gift Card. Unfortunately there was very little on offer because Ryanair had not loaded most of their Spring or Summer schedules at that time. Also, their prices were at their highest then as they hadn't started with any of their "sales".
Win some, lose some.

Back