Executive pension - can I take my contributions back

Scouser

I am a Company Director and have been paying into an Executive Pension Plan for a number of years. Is it possible for me to take back my contributions back into the company from the plan?

Quick answer - no.

If you want to explain a bit more about the details of why you want to do this, perhaps there might be a workaround. For example, ill-health early retirement if you're in bad health.

Nothing like that, just could make better use of the cash if it was back in the company. I also plan on closing the company this year and taking up a permanent role in another company.

Thanks all, so next question, when I close the company I will move the funds to some type of bond or something? When can i access it, 50?

Thanks all, so next question, when I close the company I will move the funds to some type of bond or something? When can i access it, 50?

If your company is not the trustee of the pension scheme then you could leave the scheme alone if you're happy with the fund choices, charges etc. If the company is the trustee, then before you wind up the company you'd need to either appoint a new trustee or transfer the money into a Buy-Out Bond, a lump sum pension policy to replace the scheme.

Yes you can take early retirement from age 50 onwards assuming that you've wound up the company by then.

Back