Key Post Execution only investment and life insurance brokers

Brendan Burgess

Founder
Execution only investment brokers are brokers which do not give advice. As a result, the level of commission they take should be lower which results in you getting a product with lower charges.

Most of these brokers also offer an advisory service, but they will charge for that usually in terms of higher charges on the product you go for eventually.

(Liam is a regular contributor to Askaboutmoney as )
Execution-only and Advice

LAbrokers

Execution-only - does not offer advice.
  • Mortgage Protection
  • Life assurance
  • Standard PRSAs
  • Standard PRSA AVCs
LABrokers offer discounted life assurance and mortgage protection. For readers of Askaboutmoney if they enter discount code ASKABOUTMONEY on the home page they will receive a greater level of discount on mortgage protection and life assurance than is available on the public LABrokers.ie web site.

We offer a range of PRSAs on nil commission terms ie 0% entry on each and every contribution for the life of the policy plus an max annual management charge of 1%. There is NO fee for this service.

I also offer Mortgage Protection and Life Insurance with up to 40% off the insurers normal quoted premiums’

Investandsave.ie - Zurich Life products only

Last edited:
http://www.drumgoolebrokerage.ie/

50% Discount on First Years premiums - Life Assurance
50% Discount on First Years Premiums - Income Protection

We do not give advice on Stocks and Shares but have an agency with Dolmen Stockbrokers. Its an execution only service with lower charges available on request .

All Subject to Terms and Conditions . .

Execution Only Services

www.prsa.ie

PRSAs (Standard, Non-Standard and AVC)

1% Annual Management Charge (AMC)

0% Contribution Charge ie 100% of your contribution invested

In addition, Personal Pensions(RACs), Executive/Director Pension Plan , ARFs/AMRFs and Buy-out-Bond with an Annual Management Charge of 0.75% - minimum contribution levels quoted on website for this AMC. Again, 0% Contribution charge and to entry/exit charges.

Products underwritten by Zurich Life

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

www.InvestAndSave.ie

Invest a minimum of €5,000 and Save a minimum of €100 per month from the outset.

The Fund Management Charge is 1% on (up to 30) Funds in the Zurich Life Matrix range.

101% Allocation on once-off and regular contributions for the duration of the plan.

No Entry or Early Exit Charges

Four Free Fund Switches & Four Free Fund Redirections in any one policy year.

NB : A Partial Encashment has to be greater than €1,000 and the residual value of the policy thereafter must be €2,500. There is a partial encashment charge of €20.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

www.bond.ie

Invest €5,000 to €200,000

101% allocation , 0.75% AMC and no Entry/Exit charges

OR

101% allocation, 0.65% AMC with Exit Charges of 3%/2%/1% in years 1/2/3

Up to 30 Zurich Life Funds available

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ger

This used to be a hot topic some years ago but has rarely surfaced recently.

I can understand people going to brokers for PRSAs.

But surely ETFs have replaced the other savings products by now?

Brendan

But surely ETFs have replaced the other savings products by now?
I think the life companies are still doing ok!

Personally I have 2 regular savings investments in life products (lump sums I look after myself).

1 was the cleanest way to put a bare trust structure in place for my children, and I don't have to do anything with it. I know it's costing me money in management fees.

I think the life companies are still doing ok!

Personally I have 2 regular savings investments in life products (lump sums I look after myself).

1 was the cleanest way to put a bare trust structure in place for my children, and I don't have to do anything with it. I know it's costing me money in management fees.

I find the life companies are the most suitable for regular investment accounts, which are usually a few hundred a month. Yes, the management fee is higher than under a pension product but when you actually calculate the actual cost, it is very little. e.g. €200 a month policy at 1.25% amc is €30 a year. I know it compounds up but all you have to do is fill out the form and that's it, the direct debit is deducted each month and taxation is looked after. Compare that to the amount of time you would spend on deemed disposal calculations for 96 monthly contributions into your own online account or if you made a partial withdrawal and had to calculate on a FIFO basis.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

But surely ETFs have replaced the other savings products by now? Brendan

Hi Brendan,

Not sure there are any figures available for the investments into EFTs here by Irish folk (???) but the latest (2016) Insurance Ireland Fact File tells me that circa 1.7bn was invested in Single Premium unit-linked/insured bonds that year.

That's come down a bit over the last two years as there's probably some bank/tracker bond numbers in the 2016 figure.

Add the Regular Premiums to that. It's pretty sizeable.

Back