Exchanging large amount of EUR to GBP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATC110

Where's the best rate for exchanging EUR to GBP (approx £85000) and holding it securely?

I would use Revolut but the account is UK based and therefore not covered by the FSCS (deposit guarantee)

Loads of threads on this issue already.
You should search for them.
There are few to none original questions on AAM.
As a long term member, you should also know the search facility leaves much to be desired.

Think Revolut limits the amount you can change in one go and there’s a monthly user limit too and I’m pretty certain your size would breach that.

I mainly use CurrencyFair but I have also used Wise and both are similar. You’ll pay approx 0.5 cent or less away from the market rate. The advantage of these sites is that you can break your order into smaller pieces and use limit orders to trade. Normally I’d suggest you spread something like this over 5-10 transactions to smooth your FX rate but GBP is at a relative weak point vs EUR on a longer term chart so it’s not a bad time to buy GBP but it can always go lower (!).

Also, when your account is open test it with a modest amount to check everything thing works and always transact during normal market / business hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back