Exception to Stamp Duty clawback?

Paulk

Hi Everyone,

I recently received bad news - I'm being made redundant. Unless I find another job soon, I won't be able to meet my mortgage repayments. My only other option is to rent out my entire house. However, my stamp duty clawback doesn't expire until August 2009.

Is there any way that revenue will make an exception re stamp study clawback if I can prove to them I was made redundant?

Thanks for your advice.

The only exception to the stamp duty clawbacks is where you rent part of the property under the Rent-a-room scheme.
You can earn €10,000 per annum free of tax. If you earn over this e.g. €10,001 you would be taxed on the full amount.

My only other option is to rent out my entire house. However, my stamp duty clawback doesn't expire until August 2009.

Is there any way that revenue will make an exception re stamp study clawback if I can prove to them I was made redundant?
No.

Resurrecting an old thread here, but thought it worthwhile.

As far as I'm aware, the stamp duty legislation does not set an upper limit on the amount of rent you can receive provided you continue to occupy the house as your main residence while renting a room or rooms out.

Obviously the rent-a-room limit affects your income tax and CGT exposure, though

Back