Ex won't sell house in default

C

cat1

Since my split with my ex 2 years ago I've been tying to get him to sell the house. He's refusing and is still living in the house. I left it 2 years ago. I am in the process of getting an enforced sale order. In the meantime the mortgage hasn't been paid in 8 months. I have an investment property in my sole name with the same bank which is in negative equity along with the other house. I cannot pay on the main house. Since my ex is refusing to sell the main house and i cannot pay it on my own does anybody know what happens next. The bank won't repossess anytime soon so this mortgage will remain unpaid. I can't pay the mortgage on my investment property either. When I have defaulted on both and if they are repossessed, can the bank take money from my future earnings to pay the debts? Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

Read the thread about debts that can't be paid and judgements. If you are heading for defualting then this thread is very relevant to you.
The banks cannot touch your earnings if they are not with the same bank. They can get a court order to make you pay something if you refusse to give anything, but that's miles down the road. Make sure you keep the bank very aware of your mess and what you are trying to do about it. At least that might limit the amount of mud on you.

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=143928

. When I have defaulted on both and if they are repossessed, can the bank take money from my future earnings to pay the debts? Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

They will probably go for an instalment order, after the sale of the two other properties, the costs associated with same and any penalties they can fire at you. When they go to court to get an instalment order you will be required to set out your means and the court will allow you rent, utilities etc to live on and the remainder to pay off the debt. If at any time your means reduce you are entitled to go back into court to get the instalment order reduced. If you ex has assets or an income they will also go after him.

If you are lucky the new insolvency bill may be of help to you.

Back