Ex UPC customer with 'free channels' except RTE

dublin2020

Was previously with UPC and just changed to internet only package- appears around 20 channels on tv (not digital feed I think)- including TV3, TG4, BBC, UTV, Channel 4, Sky News, Discovery, etc

Can anyone advise what we need to do to get RTE back etc

Do we need to buy a new integrated Saorview tv ? Existing Tv is around 10 years old and no problems! Will that require and aerial?

Everything you need to know is on the official Saorview site.

You can buy a new integrated TV, or keep the current TV and get a set top box. Either option will require an aerial, whether an internal one will suffice or you'll need an external one will be down to your location with respect to the nearest transmitter.

Free tv

Leo- thank you kindly for info- yes, live in west dublin area- urban. Will this be ok for internal aerial do you think?

No problem. You may get away with an internal aerial. Do you know if any neighbours using are using Saorview, and if so, what works for them?

Was previously with UPC and just changed to internet only package- appears around 20 channels on tv (not digital feed I think)- including TV3, TG4, BBC, UTV, Channel 4, Sky News, Discovery, etc
Are these analogue channels or digital?

Retuning

Retuned and every station - c. 18 - except RTE 1
Have Rte2, Tg4, TV3, 3e

Any advice>?

Since Analogue Switch Off, last October the only way you will get the irish stations is with a uhf aerial, indoor might work, do a test, and a saorview set top box which you can get for around €60

Since Analogue Switch Off, last October the only way you will get the irish stations is with a uhf aerial, indoor might work, do a test, and a saorview set top box which you can get for around €60

Not true Pudds, I suspect you didn't read the thread correctly.....

UPC are still relaying analogue signals and apparently will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Not true Pudds, I suspect you didn't read the thread correctly.....

UPC are still relaying analogue signals and apparently will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Yes but isn't the OP an ex Upc customer now! or was he left with the basic upc analogue service and can't get the irish stations.

Yes but isn't the OP an ex Upc customer now! or was he left with the basic upc analogue service and can't get the irish stations.

Yeah, thats the way I read it............ie. left with the analogue service.

All he is missing is RTE 1. He has all the other Irish stations.

Appears to be that way.

I have heard of this before.

Lots of folk were left with the basic channels but I think it all depends, in my case they weren't long coming out to disconnect the cable at the roof.

Did they leave your UPC box?

I only had the small connection box on window sil, which I still have, didn't have a digital box.

I've heard that unlike Sky they take all their boxes back, the boxes are no good even if they left them because their locked into or special to NTL's system unfortunately.

Back