Ex employer and overcharged pensions

bilic04

I took voluntary redundancy in Aug 2006 but i had worked for the company for 10 years previous to this.
A number of my friends still work within the company. So before christmas there got extra money put into there wages as the company had changed to a new finance system and they noticed that the amount being deducted from our wages was higher than it should have been for the pension. ( Am i makin any sense)
So i contacted them all excited about gettin some extra money myself . Being a SAHM had dreams of buyin myself a few nice bits and would help pay a few bills.
So i have been in contact with them since the 20 dec requesting details if i also had overpaid my pension contribitions.
All i keep gettin from them is that all ex emploees will get a letter in due course....
Buts whats due course.

Anyone any suggestions as to what i should do next.

Due course is whatever they feel like really. Many employers also dont hold records of ex employees addresses so I would call them again (they may be hoping that you forget about it). If they dont give you a satisfactory answer in regard to a approximate timeframe in getting back to you, then tell them you will have to get in touch with the Pensions Ombudsman in order to get the matter resolved.

Back