EWSS & Mortgage drawdown

FCBC12

Hi. Does anyone know how the banks are (will be) treating the EWSS in terms of income affordability?

The scheme will replace the TWSS, which ends on Aug 31st.

Has anyone whose employer is availing of the EWSS scheme successfully drawn down a mortgage ?

Previously lenders wanted the two latest payslips before drawdown, if TWSS was being paid it was noted on the payslips, lenders were then not allowing drawdown to those approved in principle.

With EWSS there is no mention of any subsidy on payslips.

Are lenders now allowing drawdown to those approved in principle if recent payslips state nothing about EWSS or TWSS ?

I have the same problem. My payslip will not show the EWSS but bank want a letter from my employer to they are no longer in receipt on any money scheme. What should I do

Paul, I have the same issue now with the bank looking for a letter from employer asking if they are reciving the EWSS, I was wondering how it worked out for you?

I have the same problem!!! Has anyone managed to drawdown a mortgage whose employer is on EWSS? Lisa

A couple of employees in our company asked me to do that letter for them. Company has applied for EWSS but not for those ee's. I did the letter and they were able to drawdown.

My wife's employer (childcare) automatically gets ewss , my wife's boss said my wife is not receiving ewss . As its not directly been paid for her wages

We have got through AIP , issued loan offer with this letter.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what BOI are asking for prior to drawdown? I just got my loan offer renewed a few weeks ago and they didn't ask for anything extra (just payslips and bank statements), there was no questions about EWSS or TWSS, I am planning to draw down this week.

A couple of employees in our company asked me to do that letter for them. Company has applied for EWSS but not for those ee's. I did the letter and they were able to drawdown.
My wife's employer (childcare) automatically gets ewss , my wife's boss said my wife is not receiving ewss . As its not directly been paid for her wages

We have got through AIP , issued loan offer with this letter.
Hey, was there any follow up when you signed the declaration did they actually call your employer etc.? Stuck in the same position and considering this as a last resort

Hey, was there any follow up when you signed the declaration did they actually call your employer etc.? Stuck in the same position and considering this as a last resort
There was no call and they have already moved to their new homes.

It will. It always seems like its not going to happen but you get/ give keys at the end. Good luck

Presumably this remains a huge issue, or is getting worse as previous approvals expire and new ones are requested? and wont get any better as the restrictions continue?

Or will lenders start looking at individual circumstances instead of blanket approaches?

Our bank ask for proof from employer without any covid support before loan offer, also subject to in AIP.

I learned today that Barclays in the UK has started to permit mortgages where furlough exists on payslips. As this drags on I hope some irish lenders will start to look at individual situations. The blanket approach made sense a year ago when introduced in hurry but there has been almost a year to fine tune. Some businesses, and some roles in a business have more risk than others.

Back