Eurovision 2024 and all that . . .

I think those on this thread voicing their suppport for Israel and saying they would vote for Israel even if in jest should be ashamed of themselves. How can anybody voice support for Israel in full knowledge of their war crimes and the genocide they are committing. It is most disrespectful to the 14,000 murdered Palestian children over the past months. Shame on you and on the Irish public who voted for Israel. Your ignorance is no excuse.
But people are entitled to vote for whoever they want...we can have our reasons for not voting for Israel but we can't tell people who to vote for..

I think those on this thread voicing their suppport for Israel and saying they would vote for Israel even if in jest should be ashamed of themselves. How can anybody voice support for Israel in full knowledge of their war crimes and the genocide they are committing. It is most disrespectful to the 14,000 murdered Palestian children over the past months. Shame on you and on the Irish public who voted for Israel. Your ignorance is no excuse.
I'm very well informed about the history and geopolitics of the Middle East. That's why I find the biased coverage of the appalling war between Israel and Gaza by the Irish media in and RTE in particular disgusting. A vote for Israel, one of the two bad guys in the war, is a protest vote against that coverage.

Last edited:
I'm very well informed about the history and geopolitics of the Middle East. That's why I find the biased coverage of the appalling war between Israel and Gazza by the Irish media in and RTE in particular disgusting. A vote for Israel, one of the two bad guys in the war, is a protest vote against that coverage.
That's a good point. I would have voted for Israel if I could afford the telephone call. It would really be a reaction not so much to the media but to the smug political consensus that has us behaving like Trinity students in European fora.

Back