European City Break for New Year - where...

Lorz

Looking to book a European City Break in the New Year and wondering where people would recommend - we've been to Venice, Paris and Stockholm - any suggestions? Both big foodies so would also appreciate any recommendations for great restaurants in the said location. Thanks

Edinburgh (Hogmanny) for new years is great. Get tickets for the street party, there is a great atmosphere around and great fireworks

Not sure about restaurants in Edinburgh but Im sure they can be googled.

Hi, last two city breaks we did were Brussels and Olso..both have their merits and safe.

Seville , brilliant city with a huge old town area.

Loads of top class restaurants & bars & a colossal cathedral.

Oh & two La Liga primera teams !

Berlin is great for new years, fireworks and street party at the brandenberg gate.

I really enjoyed Lyon. Lovely food, compact city. Rented the bikes for the weekend and cycled everywhere.

I was in Bordeaus in September- it was nice. Not sure what'd it be like in winter- it might be interesting though to see what the French do in winter down there...

Barcelona is good any time of year :)

Be careful what you wish for :)

We went a mid-winter city break to Paris in Jan 1983 and had such a good time, that we moved to Paris a few months later and stayed 20 years!

Staying with the Italian theme; Rome or Florence must be options. Plenty of posts on both on this site to give info on eating and sightseeing. Enjoy!

Lisbon!
We did a gourmet walking tour with Inside Lisbon, the guide had previously owned his own restaurant.
Fabulous wines, ports and pastries.
Reasonable prices.
Great city for walking, a little hilly though.
Beautiful old Trams.
Hope to go back in May for a few days.

I'd do Rome. Prices are in average. For walking there is a great tour: eatingitalyfoodtours Really worth it!!

Back