Euro Transfer of Large Amounts

Kobie

Hi Folks,

Can anybody tell me the best way to transfer about 100k within the eurozone? Should I transfer it in 12,000 euro lumps to avoid bank charges? Also, do I need to provide proof in the destination country that the money is all above board and tax compliant?

Many Thanks,
K.

The amount has been 50k since the beginning of the year as far as I know. See here from BoI for example:
[broken link removed]

So, once you have the IBAN and BIC, it should cost less than 1 euro each for 2 50k transfers. That would seem to be the cheapest way, if you are not in a hurry.

I transferred a sum over 50k to France last year and did not have to provide any information on the source of the funds. However, I don't know if this is the case in general.

Sounds pretty easy.

Thanks Hotlips. (It's very empowering being able to say that without fear of a sexual harrasment charge :D )

K.

On occasion it has taken up to 7 days for the transfer to be done though. If you bank with AIB, you can do it on the phone via 24 hour banking. Seems to be quicker that way as they don't have to send a form to your branch then on to treasury etc.

Fortunately, that's not my real name...:)

Back