Euro Parking Collection plc

Kine

Hey,

Unfortunately just been issued with a fine notice from these guys, activing on behalf of the M50. I have an Enlish registered car which my other half used in Ireland while home a couple of times, and then forget to pay. As I knew nothing of it until now, I just wanted to check what the actual process should be for this? I had a look via AAM but there was only one thread that mentioned these guys and I'm not sure how to go about it.

I'm aware the eflow policy is:
  • For unregistered users, if you don't pay your toll before 8pm on the day following your journey, a penalty of €3 is added to the outstanding amount.
  • If you fail to pay the toll and this €3 penalty within the next 14 days, a further penalty of €40.00 will be levied.
  • Failure to pay the full amount due within a further 56 days will result in an additional €100.50 penalty. Then if you still have not paid the total amount due, legal proceedings will be initiated.
However, I have received no notices of fiens etc which has severely limited my ability to pay them before getting hit with the whopper late fines.

Anyone have any advice of what I can do on this? No problem paying the toll and the first (and prob second fine) but the €100 makes it a little excessive to be honest, and something which is a little out of my affordability zone at the moment!

Any ideas welcome!

Thanks,

K

While it may be argued that you have a moral duty to pay up there is no legal requirement for you to pay. The body responsible for collecting tolls and issuing fines in ROI has no jurisdiction in the UK.

The company that have written to you purchase the details of UK reg cars passing through the barrier-less toll, then purchase the details of the registered owners of these vehicles from the DVLA (in their capacity as a registered private parking company) and send out 'fine' notices in the hope that enough people will not question it and send them the cash.

I'd file the letter you have received under 'B.I.N'...

PetrolHead, that's an interesting view of it alright!

In all honesty, as I said, have no issue paying the tolls (as you are meant to!) but I have a sneaky suspicion the missus used it maybe 10 times over the past year...multiply that by £160 a pop and in all honesty, not exactly the spare change I have lying around!

K

Any letter from a company with LTD on it legally cannot put the word fine on as only police or council can fine you it has to written parking charge if to do with a car park or in the m50 it's toll charge it is always civil matter anyway so it has to go through the courts to then be passed to any bailiffs if not paid in the original country that the charge was avoided in the first place

Back