Euro Dollar parity and its effects

The US has been expensive for ages even before this bout of inflation and weak euro, be mad to go there on holidays now.

The ECB late to the party again, raising interest rates by 0.5% shows they must be panicking a bit about inflation. They should have been starting this 6 months ago not now. The fact that the markets are actually positive about this move proves that the markets know more than the ECB does because they see it as basically essential . It's like the children want the parents to act like parents

The US has been expensive for ages even before this bout of inflation and weak euro, be mad to go there on holidays now.
There's lots of expensive places that are great holiday destinations. There are many parts of America that are great to visit (not Florida though, I hate Florida. I'd pay not to have to go there).

We’ve been going regularly to US but that may now change. Hotel parking is an issue now, €22 per night the min we paid on the last trip. Hotels also add on a ’resort fee’ if they have a pool & charge extra for breakfast. Add in tips & tax & the costs rack up. Some value in the likes of Nike for shopping, but the ‘buy one get half off’ are gone in most places. Ah well, fun while it lasted!

There's lots of expensive places that are great holiday destinations. There are many parts of America that are great to visit (not Florida though, I hate Florida. I'd pay not to have to go there).
I know US a great destination but its simply too expensive now ,the time to holiday in US was a decade ago.
Very expensive accommodation, food and drink and on top of all that the tipping culture.
Non euro countries in Europe , Asia, South America the destinations to go now

Back