Euphony agent(s?) and spamming

Exactly my point Brendan. Your are happy to keep any negatives on Euphony on the website, and delete anything positive anyone has to say. I have no interest in promoting Euphony on this website. We do not need this website to develop our customer base. But I am, defending the company and the way in which this website is trying to portray them. Over the head of one idiot.

The part of the code of practice which deals with marketing practices is reproduced below. The italics are mine. While it refers to customers I am assuming this also refers to potential customers and former customers?

Does anyone know what the DMA guidlines, the ASA or the ICSTIS have to say about using boards such as this for marketing / advertising / promotion purposes?

Glad to see the revised rate card, but less happy with this kind of 'smokescreen':
This rate card is for guidance only and does not form part of any contract. Tariffs for services supplied from outside Euphony may change at short notice. This may result in the prices charged differing from the operators advertised rates.
I notice the rates generally have risen by about 10% or so - wonder about the surcharges I mentioned on non-geographic numbers..?

A neutral opinion.........

Euphony offer good deals on certain call traffiic (local/national calls), but are expensive on other traffic (international calls). This is no different to all other telecoms companies.

If a good deal is available then I beleive it should be publicised on this website, but any downsides should also be noted.

positive and negative notes from newly registered visitors whose sole contribution is to promote or attack euphony and some other products will be deleted.

Balanced and informed comment from people who have been long registered such as lemurz will be left.

I've been with Euphony for a few years now could not fault them. The 10 minutes free is great for the internet, just log off before the 10 minutes are up. My only complaint would be that I had a problem with modem hijacking recently and when I contacted them to ban international calls they told me that they are not able to do this for Irish customers.

Hi Jister...Euphony have not had the 10min thing for at least a year now...its now gone up to an hour. Also, they copped onto the 'free internet' dial up thing with Elive free..I know I was a big time user of free 1 hr dial ups at a time - it was frigging brilliant to be honest. But now I just have to resort to good aul Eircom for the 1892150150 dial ups (damn!!). Euphony have been promising a dial up package for about 2 or 3 years now biut no sign of it....they should have it ready when about 90% of the planet are on broadband by the looks of it.

.... so your info looks a bit dated...unless of course you are willing to share the free internet number that you are currently dialing!

ninsaga

Hi Ninsaga

Like yourself I have been with Euphony now for a couple of years - mainly for the free national calls (mainly dial up internet) I have also found it terrible since they "copped on" & did not allow the Elive free to work - even on local numbers.

However, can I ask why you changed back from using elive to eircom - is the 1892 number not more expensive than the elive local call dial up number?

Also have you looked at anything else (provider) recently - since euphony made this change I am thinking of making a change - would appreciate some advice.

Many thanks

Cashman

Hi Cashman,
Its been a while now...but I seem to recall that there was no difference in the dial up cost between Eircom v's Elivefree. Also I seem to recall that the speed through Eircom was faster over Elive...correct me if I'm wrong on either count.

I'm still with Euphony for the free call stuff but my (tired) arm is certainly waving in the air waiting to grab the ever elusive SMART package once they manage to romance Eircom into switching over broadband at my local exchange.

To me, that looks to be the best out there at the moment.

Actually while this post has certainly got the attention of the Euphony promoters...perhaps one of them can shed a light on where Euphony are at in term of providing a dial up service & dare I say it..even a broadband offer! So enough about the €10 per month for free calls etc etc etc...whats the latest on the internet offering?

ninsaga

Thanks for the quick reply - my reason for dialing with euphony is the same... the connection is faster with Elivefree!

Well unfortunately it will be a long time before any of them are offering broadband in west Donegal!

Good luck - hope you don't have to wait too long!

Cashman

I better take a look at my next bill to scrutinise it but I don't think I am paying anything for the internet with Elive.

BTW Elive are in Limerick I think so I am just dialling a local number as I am 061. I will take a closer look and let ye know!

My computer dials 061 204101 to get an internet connection. What happens after that I don't know but I assume I don't pay anything for these calls after 6pm?

Hi Jister,

Just a quick word of caution - my computer also dials a local number for Elive - initially with Euphony this was "free" well it was part of my all national calls up to 60 minutes duration free for the fixed 10 euro per month.

However, some months ago this changed & they (Euphony) started charging seperately for these calls - in fact according to their "blurb" they now charge for all calls to ISP numbers.

I hope that they have missed this number! I will change over to it!

Good Luck

Cashman

If I recall correctly, elive had a whole suite of local numbers. But as the blurb says, euphony treat these as isp numbers and thus fall outside the call usage for their flat pricing...I've since moved on to BB

I've heard Euphony have blocked all Elive ISP numbers- but there are other ISPs out there which still qualify for the €10 deal. Trouble is, once everybody starts using them, they will be blocked also. There was a thread giving a load of local O2 ISP numbers recently if you can find it!

I dial 061 204101 but on my bill 061 260002 comes up and its a free call for the first 10 min. AFAIK

The story in todays Tribune had nothing to do with independent consultants but was about some boilerhouse calling from Dublin where the system went wrong.

The last poster is referring to a story on the front page of today's Turbine about 400 customers who had called Euphony for information being 'slammed', i.e. switched from Eircom to Euphony without having actually requested a switch. Euphony blamed the error on a 'systems fault'