Euphony agent(s?) and spamming

ClubMan

I am not sure if Euphony actively encourages their agents to spam bulletin boards in an attempt to drum up business but please note this incident in case it's of relevance to anybody who is considering dealing with the company or their agents.

Thanks Clubman. Had been wondering since yesterday why Euphony was getting such great press all of a sudden!

Just to give you all an indication of the crap we have to put up with, here is the content of an email I received from the banned you-phoney agent:

Look, I wish to apologise for my antics. It was just pure curiosity on my part, as to how far I could push you. I've been involved in telecommunications for several years and I find this website a fabulous source of infornation. I genuinely ask you to let me re-enter the site on the basis that I will not post any more in an advertising matter.

Once again, I am sorry and I hope you can give me a chance on this issue.

And this was after a PM sent by the same guy yesterday after I asked him to stop advertising you-phoney on AAM:

I am very offened that you accused me of trying to promote a company I know very little about. Perhaps there are people who try to advertise on this site, but I assure you that I am not one of them. I have only recently become aware of the company and was simply asking for other peoples opinion on the matter. I dont see any harm in doing this. That is exactly what the website is all about. Sharing opinions on matters. I think you are being a little to paranoid and over powering on this particular issue and I'm sorry you feel the way you do.

This guy also registered separately three times as we banned each username in turn for spamming. And all this after Brendan asked him stop and he pleaded ignorance. As I mentioned elsewhere it's ironic that this Euphony agent was connecting to AAM via an eircom IP address. Would you buy telephone services from a self confessed spammer who doesn't even use the service that he himself resells? Me neither... :rolleyes:

Have you tried contacting euphony themselves about this? I'd have thought it was against their interests for their agents to be doing this. It's successfully got them a load of bad publicity. If you can trace the source of this to an individual, there might just be a rep out of a job.

I think that this page on Euphony is actually degrading the credability of this website. Surprised at the administrator to be of such a shallow mentality.

Thanks Darern

We will of course be placing great weight on the suggestions of people who register just to support Euphony.

Brendan

Is that an indication that whoever started spamming the site has learnt from their mistakes, that there's more than one at it, or that Darern2005 is a poor, misguided individual? I wonder if that was supposed to be Darren :)

Euphony does not encourage Euphony agents to spam websites and to use multiple registrations .

The individuals in question did so entirely of their own volition, if indeed they are Euphony agents at all.

Thanks for that feedback and for clarifying Euphony's stance on the matter. Always good to get feedback directly from organisations on topics in which they are mentioned.

Individual agents have a lot of lattitude in their business acquisition but not to the extent that they may bring all of us into disrepute and the individual knows that already.

euphonyTEL...as a matter of interest...are you a Euphony consultant/agent or are you actually an employee of Euphony..

Darern2005 said:
it is disappointing to see a website of this nature trying to expose this kind of behaviour publicly, in order to create negativity on Euphony.

It is unfair to post these negatives over the head of one idiot. It is a very one sided and narrow view.
Once again - can you point out specifically where you believe that this occurred please?

one idiot?

I was a happy-enough Euphony customer for a while, until

(a) We got pestered at home - repeatedly doorstepped and cold-called - by a number of 'evangelical' Euphony consultants. One of them my wife finally had to tell to f*** off... (and that's something she usually reserves for her husband!)

(b) I got my first bill — after 2 months — and realised the extent of Euphony's (still undeclared) mark-up on non-geographic prefixes. I was using Telestunt's 1520 prefix for calls to mobiles, and instead of the standard Eircom 15c/min charge was hit for 28c/min by Euphony - a 90% 'take'. Their then rate card bore the following small print:
Tariffs for services supplied from outside Euphony may change at short notice. This may result in the prices charged differing from the operators advertised rates.
- and I had to really persist to find out what their mark-up was on e.g. 1850/1890/0818/other 15** numbers. I'd relate it all here, but it's probably all changed again since*.

So, tbh, I'm left wondering whose 'credability' is really in question...

[* http://www.euphony.ie/index.asp_files/IRE_TalkNow_ratecard.pdf now points to a 'page not found'... ]

Back