Etoro vs Degiro vs IBK

NuriaF

Hello,

I have some spare cash to invest ~ 40k which I intend to invest in a number of EU stocks: I'm tax resident in Ireland , I live in Ireland but domiciled in Spain, I have a few assests in Spain and a desire to return at some stage in a few years. I was going to open a Interactive Broker account but it looks like they are registered in Ireland so I can't avail of the benefits associated with being non-domiciled if I go with IBK. Also I have already a Degiro account, which is German registered and have a mix of UCITS ETFs, bonds, Irish shares etc. etc. on which I pay the tax in Ireland on the profits. I would like to open another foreign broker account (not registered in Ireland) so that I will deposit the 40k from my PTSB account with a view to buy a number shares of EU companies (avoiding buying Irish shares, ETFs etc on this account) and never remit eventual profits and dividends from this account into Ireland: eg I will not use sums from this account in ireland but only abroad. To keep everything separate from the Degiro account, and make accounting things simpler, I was thinking of opening a separate Etoro account and fund it with the 40k and buy EU shares then. Are there any brokers (not based in Ireland) that I should look into ? I see Etoro is mentioned many times in the forum but are there any other recommendations on other brokers that I should look into ?

Thanks
Nuria

Not the most experienced but do check out the difference between a Degiro Standard and custody. Also, with most of these brokers, there is refer a friend programmes. Make sure you get a link from a friend with them to save a few bob. In terms of non-Irish brokers, I have a TastyTrade account. not easy to use. It is really a pain to operate but I have it to get US ETFs.

Back