Estates in Ratoath

J

jellytot

Hi

I posted a while ago about benefits of buying vs renting if only going to stay in ireland for a few year , thanks everyone for your replies certainly food for thought. We are still considering buying and have been looking at some new developments in rathoath so that has left me with more questions so would be grateful for any advice

firstly has anyone any opinions on rathoath, whats its like to live in, primary schools, traffic, I work in blanchardstown

secondly apart fom stamp duty what are the advantages/disadvantages of buying new build vs second hand

thank you

Re: rathoath

Recently moved to Ratoath.

Pros
Good shops, Tesco, Supervalu, Nearby, Close to Blanch (as you know). Superquinn not too far away in Swords.
Good amenities, big footballing contingent, local pitches, doctors, vets, pharmacy, two takeaways, 3rd to open soon. New school being built to accomodate increasing population. Quite a lot of development going on with Fox Lodge Woods, Fox lodge manor, Steeplechase, Pinewood (I think) going on. Good Sunday market in Fairyhouse and the best thing is that after communting for 1 hour each way a day , my total time in my car in and out of work is 30 minutes.

The obvious thing about a second hand house is that it will be in an established area, whats around is pretty much gonna stay the same and you might have to decorate immediately. A new build gives you the chance to get in a different kitchen spec/design but may be unknown as you whats going on around you unless you check out the local authorities plans.

Cons.
Can be tricky at the village centre for traffic, its not quite a crossroads so it doesn't flow very well through the middle, its increasing which will mean more pressure for school places etc.

Any opinions on Jamestown Park, Ratoath?

Hi,

Got some great opinions here on a house I was looking at in Hollystown. That didn't work out so I'm still looking.

I've now seen a nice house in Jamestown Park, Ratoath. House is lovely and perfect for my needs. But I don't know the area. There seems to be a huge amount of building going on there. Is this a good or a bad thing?

I work at home so traffic isn't an issue for me.

Anyone got opinions about Jamestown Park or Ratoath in general?

Thanks.

Re: Any opinions on Jamestown Park, Ratoath?

There seems to be a huge amount of building going on there. Is this a good or a bad thing?

It's an inevitable thing. Ratoath is becoming a suburb of Dublin. If you're looking to live in a quiet quaint country village, forget Ratoath. You're about 15 years too late. But if that's not your priority, it's a nice place.

Back