Estates in Prosperous, Kildare

S

SteelBlue05

Thinking of buying there in Prosperous, in Emerson Court.

Anyone have any opinions on Prosperous istself?

- Whats it like to live in?
- The commute to dublin is a disaster?
- Have house prices increased much over the last year or two there, I'd imagine they wont increase as much as some parts of dublin?
- Is there much of a rental market there?

Thanks

Re: opinions on Prosperous, Kildare

anyone else have any opinions at all?

Don't know a huge amount but it is fairly off the beaten track and I would imagine the commute into the City Centre would drive you insane. You will have to go through Clane, which although much improved traffic wise, can be a disaster at times. And if you are heading towards Naas, forget it. Sallins is an unmitigated disaster. Kidare Co. Co. should be ashamed of allowing so much development with no improvement in infrastructure.

(As an aside, I don't think I could live in a town called Prosperous. Like Bettystown. They just sound stupid).

Commuting to Dublin from there could be a problem.
You could always drive to Sallins and take train from there(to Heuston)?

I have a friend from Prosperous. I always thought it was a terrible dive but then again, it depends on what you're used to. If you come from a really quiet sleepy place, you might like it! I haven't been there in over 10 years so I can't comment. I think it's only 3 miles from Clane. I have a friend there too and she loves it. That's a nicer, busier, more bustle type of place. It's easy to get to Blanchardstown from there if that's the side of town you want.

Savvy said:
Commuting to Dublin from there could be a problem.
You could always drive to Sallins and take train from there(to Heuston)?

or you can get a lift from Clane General Hospital :D

Best estate in Prosperous, Co. Kildare

Hi,
Anybody familiar with Prosperous in Co. Kildare?
Which is the best estate
Barrington Court, Maple Toft or Killybegs Manor
in terms of it maintaining its value
and generally as a place to live,
I know Barrington Court has a mixture of semi detached, detached and bungalows. Would this affect a detached house's ability to maintain its value?
Maple Toft and Killybegs Manor are all detached and of the same value.

Thanks.

hi - first post - i searched prosperous & found this thread - it has exactly the question we have but not the answer!

we viewed two lovely houses this weekend - both same price - nearly identical houses but one is in mapletoft with all detached homes & the other in Barrington Court with a mixture of houses
- in both estates the children out playing seemed very nice but we was wondering if anyone could recommend which estate would have a better name??

we are veering towards barrington court as has the bus stop at the entrance & is nearer to the pub!! any advice??

thanks in advance

Back