Estates in Malahide

Status
Not open for further replies.
New2Dublin said:
Firstly I moved last year from the Uk with work and wanted to live around the Malahide/ sowrds area, and after all the reserach decided to buy a 3 bed town house on Waterside (oh my gosh someone who actually lives on there!!!).

Anyway they may well be overpriced but I bought mine for €349K, and in the last 11 months not a single one has resold - the last one to sell via developer sold for €410K - that was some 8 monthws ago.

Yes it is close to the M1 and the new link road - thats a selling point - if you live in one of the houses you dont see the M1 - Swords is closer than Malahide but then again Malahide is nice but people on hear who think you can buy a bigger place nearer Malahide for less are living in cloud cookoo land - I would say a 4 be semi in Malahide is £800K+ Gainsbourogh off swords road further down 4 be semi selling for €700K+.

The fact is Swords is up and coming but there are some horrible areas in swords this is away from swords and close to Malahide. The Pavilion Shopping center is having 200 Million spent on it and a 10 screen cinema and bowling ally will be there soon. Longer term we have the metro coming into swords.

R+Thous of us who actually bother spending timemin the area know Swords is much more buzzing than Malahide on evening with the new restuarants and pubs coming up everywhere.

The Swords or Malahide debate has gone on for too long - the fact it wherever it is - it says Malahide on my address, on my house deeds and my children can go to school in Malahide as we live in the catchment area for Malahide schools - end of!

By the way it is called waterside - because the middle of the estate will have a full lenght water rill which will be seen from the main entrance and strech all the way to the back. If you by a house nearest to the road like we have or one of the front aparatments then you will also have a full estuary view.

I know from when i was looking value for money like for like - there was no comparison - all appliance sna dfully tiled and much better quality than alot of the house around here.

Timber frame construction is the latest builidng phenominon - and the houses are very very economical to heat etc - all new houses in dublkin are being built in the same way even the ones on Chamley park and robs wall which are well over 1 million pounds. So dont listen to some old fashioned stuck in the 80s kiddo - move with the times and I would recommednnw aterside - 3 bed duplex are great as they have an extra room - all sold out/

Hi New2Dublin,

I agree with you - am also moving to Waterside next week from swords and am looking forward to it. We had bidded on a house in seabury and it reached the late 500's so we dropped out - this was on a house that needed complete refubishment. Now we dont need to pay stamp duty on waterside as its a new house. I think for the sake of being a bit further out it worth the money. We were also told that there will be shops going up in waterside which will be handy. We have also bought a 3 bed and are actually down sizing from where we are now cos the location I think is better in waterside.

Well I thought I would write and glout to alot of the negative people on here - there are 3 Bed Duplexs selling in excess of €480K reslaes, and 3 Bed House €490K+ - resale - obviously the whole Malahide/ Swords debate has no bearing on the number of people who want to live on Waterside - these have gone up in excess of 100K since I have been here which is since June 2005.

So many people cannot be wrong we are talking of hundreds of units with none left they are selling currently the next phase 2 bed duplex for €465+ so as the saying goes "Money Talks and Bulls**t Walks", and the moneys talking!!

New2Dublin said:
Well I thought I would write and glout to alot of the negative people on here - there are 3 Bed Duplexs selling in excess of €480K reslaes, and 3 Bed House €490K+ - resale - obviously the whole Malahide/ Swords debate has no bearing on the number of people who want to live on Waterside - these have gone up in excess of 100K since I have been here which is since June 2005.

So many people cannot be wrong we are talking of hundreds of units with none left they are selling currently the next phase 2 bed duplex for €465+ so as the saying goes "Money Talks and Bulls**t Walks", and the moneys talking!!

Yes I heard Swords was on the up and up! Well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back