Estates in Drogheda

• Thread starter cluelessindublin
  • Start date
C

cluelessindublin

Silk Park, Drogheda

Hi,

Just after booking a house in the final phase of Silk Park development in Platin Road, Drogheda, I was wondering what you think of the area, facilities, safety and appreciation etc.

Many thanks! :)

Does anybody know anything about Tullyallen in Drogheda. It seems lovely on the surface?

Thanks

Re: Tullyallen, Drogheda

Yeb a nice area - Only 35 mins from the Airport and 3 miles from Drogheda. If you looking for a house to settle down it is a nice area and good people. I am not from there but a few miles away.

Re: Tullyallen, Drogheda

I agree with LouthMan. Am originally from close by also. Tullyallen has changed a lot in the last few years but is still a very small village with community spirit. You are close (but far enough away at the same time ;) ) from Drogheda, and have a shop, pub, hairdresser, school, church etc all within walking distance. M1 is 3 mins away if you are commuting.

Drogheda

Anyone live in Drogheda? It seems very nice on the surface and plenty of excellent new shopping developments are being built / opening? I have heard it is a bit 'rough' though.. Cant say it looks any worse then any other town I have ever been in.

Many thanks
G

Re: Drogheda

Hi George, Im living in Drogheda for 4 years now, absolutely hated it at first, nothing going on, no shops, awful pubs, small town mentality.. etc.. however it has improved greatly over the last twelve months, the new shopping centre is really nice and has attracted some good shops. A few new restauarants and cafes have opened also. On the pub front there's some nice " Local " pubs. I certainly wouldnt call it rough at all, the biggest problem with Drogheda is traffic congestion in the town centre, not helped by the opening of the new Shopping Centre.

property wise your €€€€ will buy you a bigger property than Dublin, there are some nice developments both new and old.

With the Motorway your only 25 mins from airport and 50 mins from Newry.
having said all that we're looking to move as drogheda was only ever a "get on the property ladder" stop gap for us....

Oh and the accent is woeful....!!!!! our 4 year old is starting to get a drogheda accent....must move soon and book elecution lessons... EEEEEEKKKKKK...!!;)

Re: Drogheda

I know the town well. Living not too far away. Like everywhere else, it has it's rough spots but on the whole, it's a good town. Traffic can be brutal though. If you have questions on any specific estates/areas, pm me and I'll do my best to answer.

Clueless - Silk Park is very handy for the train, town centre, new Scotch Hall - nice area of town. Molly - Ive lived in Drogheda all my life and dont have a 'Dwada' accent thanks to my mother - you can avail of elocution lessons in town. And its no different to any other town in the country regarding a 'rough' element. However, I love the area (East Meath included) and having lived in the UK for a while, will never leave Drog again!

Ah...the old Elocution lessons. Far better to have your kids sound like a character from 'Friends' then to have any taint of an Irish accent God forbid.

Inserts the rolling eyes icon......................................

oh gee whizz Georgy I sure as hell dont sound like my buddies from friends eg I dont walk on the sidewalk to the store and put out my garbage every Tues night...!

Hey,

I'm currently living in south dub but originally from Drogheda.
Generally Drogheda and Tullyallen are lovely. There can be rough elements but this happens everywhere so just stick to the usual- keep your eyes open and keep safe. Traffic in the town is woeful but any estates on the edges- Grangerath, silk park should mean that it isn't added to your daily commute.
On the accent, I don't have a drawda accent but don't sound americanised either, and I didn't even have elocution lessons- I just talk proper like :)

Good luck,m.

Back