Estates in Clondalkin: started with a D that i had problems pronouncing the name of.

S

schumi

Hi, I was thinkin about renting a house in Clondalkin. i was in the area lately and headed west on the fonthill road & ended up in an estate that started with a D that i had problems pronouncing the name of. and cant for the life of me remember what it was called now but i'd know it if i seen it again. Can anybody help me?

Re: Estates in Clondalkin

No that wasn't it. it ended in al or ale or something i think

i think that could be it! is that off the fonthill road & near liffey valley?

Its definitely Dunawley.

if you were coming from Liffey Valley up the Fonthill Road towards Clondalkin, Dunawley (Dunawley and Oakwood) is a left turn before you reach the big roundabout.

Nice Estates both of them.

i remember turning right on the fonthill road where a sign said west. then it was left there i think. what kind of area is this to live in? i'm not from the area but thinkin bout relocatin to the city.

Dunawley is a small ex-council estate. I think it could be about 30-35 years old and many of the residents have been there since the get go. Quiet and settled.

Yep, that's it. The area is very settled. I see its a corner house, though and I am always weary of corner houses, no matter where they are. Just drive down in the evening on a couple of evenings to ensure that no one is hanging around behind that wall.

Overall, its a small quiet family oriented area beside Clonburris Church and School. You have a decent bus service and its about a 8 minute walk from Clondalkin village.

If you want to live in Clondalkin area, would have no problems in recommending.

Ya i drove around 1 night & 1 morning so far to check out the area and it seemed fairly quiet alright. it seems to be fairly central alright. would it be 1 of the better areas of clondalkin? what are the nice areas of clondalkin?

I'm useless with directions. how do i get to it when i'm comin in the n4 from the longford direction?

would it be 1 of the better areas of clondalkin? what are the nice areas of clondalkin?

It an alright spot, but there are nicer places to live within the Clondalkin area.. such as:

No1 Floraville Avenue on Monastery road, beautiful spot.
No2 Monastery estate (includes) Rise yet another beautiful spot.
No3 Laurel Park/Castle Estate/ Monastery Heath.
No 4 Monastery road in general.
No5 St Brigids Road.
No6 Newlands.
No7 St John's Wood.
No 8 St Patricks Park/ Cappaghmore.

These are all very nice locations in Clondalkin, No1 - No7 are located around the village.
Expensive to rent too i'd imagine.

Dunawley is not bad, it's quiet mature settled..
but the areas mentioned above would be the cream of the crop.

Dont know if you are rating the estates in any order or just picking areas within Clondalkin that are nice....all of the areas are nice, but would not put them in that order.

Also, whilst parts of St. Johns are nice, some parts not so much, so would need to take a drive round.

Well in my opinion I would classify estates 1 - 6 as equal, in regards to them all being good quality expensive decent quiet locations. The best within the Clondalkin area.

Old St John's Wood itself is located within the village, which is very nice....it's not located in the main St John's estate adjacent to Corkagh Park, that can be a bit dodgy alright. depends were you're located in it. some good/bad spots.

I agree Saint Johns is nice area but you have to be careful which Saint Johns you are renting.The golden rule here is Saint Johns Wood on the village side is fine but you need to be careful if you rent in the Sruleen , Greenpark, Saint Johns Park West area. I rented for a while in Saint Johns Wood and I had no problems, but my college friend rented in Saint Johns Park West and she had terrible trouble with local youths on the road. She spent more time locked in her room than she did anywhere else in the house. She moved before her rental agreement expired, stayed with me and my flat mates for a while and later moved to Monastery Road for the duration of her studies with no problems. Hope this helps you.

Nobodys mentioned the dutch village. Its close to Luas and is quiet in the cul de sacs. Head and shoulders above Johns wood. The park is fantastic there though but attracts alot of youths.

I agree Saint Johns is nice area but you have to be careful which Saint Johns you are renting.The golden rule here is Saint Johns Wood on the village side is fine but you need to be careful if you rent in the Sruleen , Greenpark, Saint Johns Park West area. I rented for a while in Saint Johns Wood and I had no problems, but my college friend rented in Saint Johns Park West and she had terrible trouble with local youths on the road. She spent more time locked in her room than she did anywhere else in the house. She moved before her rental agreement expired, stayed with me and my flat mates for a while and later moved to Monastery Road for the duration of her studies with no problems. Hope this helps you.

Had heard that too about St. Johns, but not sure if it was West. I am not sure which part of the area, but there were serious issues with a couple of families there bullying, but had heard it had died down. One person created a website listing all of the asb and what happened and the bullies were confronted.

Hi folks,
I'm a new member to askaboutmoney.com and renting in Clondlakin for a number of years. Agree about the various estates and agree with the list of preferred estates.
Monastery Road is just super and the people arer nice, friendly and helpful. I do not have a single complaint about the general area. Found the site MandyC was talking about, it may be of some interest to site visitors if they are considering renting in Greenpark, it is <removed by moderator>
Hope this of help

My brother and his wife live in Monastery Gate. They love it. They have two young boys who go to Round Towers GAA (might not be in your radar... but hey!).

Really everything is on their doorstep, and I am a bit envious sometimes. Luas across the road, Clondalkin village (which is very lively and full of buzz) 15 minutes walk away. Schools close by too.

Monastery Road in general is good from what I have seen of it over the last ten years.

Back