Estate partly not transferred after probate?

johneym

Estate partly not transferred after probate?
hello,

when doing probate for my late father I discovered that part of his estate was not in his name, but that of his late uncle. I obtained copies of his late uncles will and grant of probate from the archives in dublin. All left to my father but only some transferred into his name. I now have completed probate for my late father but only using the assets in his name. I now want to sort out the other. How to be given permission to administer what was not transferred to my father name, from my late uncles estate. Total value of uncles part to be transferred about 10000 euro.
Anyone who has done this or knows about it?

Thanks a lot

Is the original executor/administrator of the uncle still alive? Could they do the transfer of assets into your father's beneficiaries names?

Otherwise, to deal with the assets, you ( or the person next entitled) may need take out a second grant to the uncle's estate.

What comprises the unadministered assets?

mf

thanks MF1 for taking the time to reply.

my late father was executor of my uncles estate.The solicitor who did probate for my uncles estate is alive but doesn't practice anymore. Probate was done properly but only 2 fields were not transferred to his name, and a shack. The rest of the farm was.
I have successfully completed probate on my fathers estate and would prefer to complete this to the end also.

John

Back