Estate not under control of council?

mary garry

Hi there

I'm in the very final stages of buying a house and really eager to get moving on it. Contracts are signed and valuations are done. Unfortunately the estate we are buying is not under the control of the council. Can this problem be overcome? We literally just found out today. Would appreciate anyone with a BOI mortgage to let me know if this is negotiable.Help!

thanks

The estate being taken under control by the Council has nothing to do with the sale of the house. Seller has no control over the management of the estate.

Regardless, contracts exchanged means it's too late to negotiate on anything.

This should have nothing to do with your mortgage either. You're buying a house not an estate.

What about the bank I mean? Could they say no to us getting the mortgage now? They never mentioned that this would be a problem (estate is 2004 and fully occupied) and thr valuation was spot on. I am in such a panic?

It makes no difference at all from what I know. Plenty of estates are not in charge of councils (mine included) and houses and bought and sold all the time.

I hope that you are right Aristotle!
Thats what I would have thought!

Does this issue take long to sort out? I am waiting for the cheque to be released from the bank and have signed contracts which have stated we have 4 weeks to close... I never knew that this would be an issue... BOI mortgage... anyone have any tips for speeding things up?

You have no control over the Council taking control of the estate.

It is not an issue for you. It is not an issue for BOI. Your house purchase has nothing to do with it.

You are worrying about nothing.

You are the only one making an issue of this. Sale should proceed as normal.

I am in the same situation as this.. my question is the estate is not under control by the county council and also there is no management company can a house sale still proceed?

Back