Estate agent relisting a house I'm sale agreed on

Gsxr100

Hi.
We went sale agreed on a property mid December. Booking deposit paid. After going sale agreed on my own home weeks before. It's now February. Nearing signing contracts on my own home. Yet the estate agents refuses to take the house off the market on myhome and Remax website. Is this normal? It's causing us quite alot of anxiety.

This imaginary "sale agreed" stage has no legal status, as nothing is agreed until the contracts have been exchanged.

The reality is you have made an expression of interest in purchasing the property and either you or the vendor can call the impending deal off with no penalty either way - you get your deposit back in full. It's a no-contract agreement to maybe doing business in the future, thus the house you are interested in buying is still on the market.

Is it marked sale agreed on those websites?

Have you sale agreed at a price under the vendors expectations?

Does the ea have a policy of doing this on all their sales?
Is the ea doing viewings for new interest?

I agree it would be reasonable and appropriate to mark it as sale agreed. When I last bought I got the selling ea to do that.

You could have a anonymous caller express interest in the house and see what the ea says? That might set your mind at ease. I assume the EA will say the house is sale agreed.

The selling ea is probably trying to optimize for to things. One: to keep you motivated to close quickly. Two: to have a list of potential purchasers if your chain and your purchase falls through.

The selling ea is probably trying to optimize for to things. One: to keep you motivated to close quickly. Two: to have a list of potential purchasers if your chain and your purchase falls through.
And #3, if they don't have a lot of other property in the area, to keep their name up in view so that other people thinking of selling see them operating there and consider them for their sale.

Is it marked sale agreed on those websites?

Have you sale agreed at a price under the vendors expectations?

Does the ea have a policy of doing this on all their sales?
Is the ea doing viewings for new interest?

I agree it would be reasonable and appropriate to mark it as sale agreed. When I last bought I got the selling ea to do that.

You could have a anonymous caller express interest in the house and see what the ea says? That might set your mind at ease. I assume the EA will say the house is sale agreed.
Yeah. My house was marked sale agreed on both signage and website. The same week of offer and booking deposit. And the DMG agent was nothing but a gentleman to everyone viewing and in the the person who is buying my property.
I definitely can't say the same for the place I intend to buy. Getting bi-weekly texts from Remax agent basically trying to get info and bully us .
If I knew the vender, I would love to send them screen shots of how professional their agent is. He refreshed the house for sale yesterday again. Tbh, it's getting to the point that we want to tell him to get lost. The delay is on the venders side obtaining deeds. Not ours. I am at contracts on my sale.

The time to check this out is when you're about to go sale agreed. Ask before you hand over your deposit if the property will be taken off the market when you do.

The time to check this out is when you're about to go sale agreed. Ask before you hand over your deposit if the property will be taken off the market when you do.
Yes. I wish I did this exact thing.
But only experience or advice can teach this lesson.
I don't intend to put myself through this ever again..

Hi.
We went sale agreed on a property mid December. Booking deposit paid. After going sale agreed on my own home weeks before. It's now February. Nearing signing contracts on my own home. Yet the estate agents refuses to take the house off the market on myhome and Remax website. Is this normal? It's causing us quite alot of anxiety.
They probably have a contract with the vendor as to how long they are advertising the property for. "Sale agreed" doesn't have any contractual commitment so there is nothing wrong with keeping it advertised - and to be honest its more of an issue for them if they want to waste other buyers time calling about a property that is already sale agreed.

They may be hoping to get a higher offer?
Thankfully, nothing is selling in the area. We have been researching the area for 2 years now. Very few houses selling and some have been up for over a year.
One thing i am very suspicious of. I believe there are some agents being very dishonest about bids. We had to compete with a bid on the house we want. I think it was a complete bluff. And an easy way in inflate the price as our phantom competitor stood down after a 5K increase. 15 mins after we viewed the house.

Another house in the area is still for sale that we have offered on a while back. Advertised at 250k were told the current bid is 260k after offering the asking. Yet that was 6 months ago. I had a bad feeling about it right away and walked away.
House still for sale. Either the conveyance solicitors are the slowest on the country or the vendor is not advertising the actual price they want.

Thankfully, nothing is selling in the area.
So no need to worry about your sale agreed property continuing to be listed?
We had to compete with a bid on the house we want.
You didn't have to. You could've just stuck to your preferred/top bid. Buyers should be clear on their budget and not exceed it during bidding.
I think it was a complete bluff.
Why didn't you call it so?

Either the conveyance solicitors are the slowest on the country or the vendor is not advertising the actual price they want.
You'll find very few if any list the price they want as the asking price. Property sales here use a competitive bidding process, very few go to sealed offers. Agents will advise on the the asking price to set with the goal of generating sufficient interest to start a bidding war.

In some cases, they will list it at a price lower than the minimum the owner will accept. That's just to get the initial interest

Back