Estate agent free valuation in writing

elcato

I need to get a place valued but will estate agents put their valuation on paper or smell a rat if I ask for a written one ? I don't intend selling as yet.

Why not pay for the service? It will cost them time and money to call out to view and value.

I got my house valued for property tax and I paid €125 for the privilege.

Does the bank really need it? There's probably an underwriter somewhere with a box to tick!

I know AIB have a prescribed form for the valuation so estate agent will know what you're doing if your bank is similar. If you are with AIB, I didn't need a valuation to switch bands as it was obvious (<30%ltv)

I can't imagine an estate agent putting anything in writing for free.

Only yesterday I got a flyer in the door from Churches Estate Agents, giving me the addresse of a nearby house that they just sold for a significant amount above asking price, they have buyers looking for similar, if you are thinking of selling etc.

They go on to say they also offer free written valuations for any purpose including Probate and Fair Deal.

I previously got a free written valuation from Castle Estate Agents for Fair Deal, I asked before he came out what the catch was, he said there was none, they just ask that if we are selling in the future we might consider them.

Does the bank really need it? There's probably an underwriter somewhere with a box to tick!

Beware of the boxticking underwriter.

We bought 8 months ago at 75% LTV. We've since spent 20% of the value of the property upgrading it. We now want to move to a better rate (with the same bank) and they're insisting that we pay for a valuation.

twofor1 is right (and thanks for the plug) - I'm from Churches and we do them for free, even official written ones. There's no catch. We hope one day you might come back to us to sell or you might recommend us as friendly, helpful agents to friends and family. We're happy to help.

They are suitable for your own interest, for Probate, Fair Deal or LPT. If you are looking for a valuation for remortgage you may have to check with your bank we are acceptable to them. We should be with most, we're fully licenced and qualified agents and valuers.

[ADMIN - I hope you don't take this down as a plug - it's a public service!!! ;) ]

Only yesterday I got a flyer in the door from Churches Estate Agents, giving me the addresse of a nearby house that they just sold for a significant amount above asking price, they have buyers looking for similar, if you are thinking of selling etc.

They go on to say they also offer free written valuations for any purpose including Probate and Fair Deal.

I previously got a free written valuation from Castle Estate Agents for Fair Deal, I asked before he came out what the catch was, he said there was none, they just ask that if we are selling in the future we might consider them.

twofor1 is right (and thanks for the plug) - I'm from Churches and we do them for free, even official written ones. There's no catch. We hope one day you might come back to us to sell or you might recommend us as friendly, helpful agents to friends and family. We're happy to help.

They are suitable for your own interest, for Probate, Fair Deal or LPT. If you are looking for a valuation for remortgage you may have to check with your bank we are acceptable to them. We should be with most, we're fully licenced and qualified agents and valuers.

[ADMIN - I hope you don't take this down as a plug - it's a public service!!! ;) ]
For a lot of lenders the agent has to be on their approved lenders list. Which ones are you on? I'm thinking of using you. That's a great service thanks!

Beware of the boxticking underwriter.

We bought 8 months ago at 75% LTV. We've since spent 20% of the value of the property upgrading it. We now want to move to a better rate (with the same bank) and they're insisting that we pay for a valuation.

Hey Gordon, I'm looking to change early next year, did the bank make you go with someone from their panel?

Back