Estate Agent fees...

Banquo

Hi
I wonder could i ask for input into a thread on estate agent fees. I have recently been quoted 1.75% + Vat + marketing costs of EUR750 to sell a house in Cabra. Is this the market rate? If everyone who responds could quote the initial rate, final rate (assuming bargaining), marketing costs, area where selling and firm used. We all might get a good idea of the market and how competitive it is....Many thanks in advance
Ill start it off

Cabra, Dublin , 1.75%+vat, TBD , Eur750, SherryFitz.

Cork City, 1.25%+ vat (no negotiating), Marketing was €325 or €375 I can't remember which. Don't want to mention the firm, in case he doesn't want me to, but it wasn't Sherry Fitz but it wasn't a completely independent operator either.

North County Dublin, 1% including marketing. Damm good job done too, no bull, house sale agreed for the best possible price in the area. This was all done in 8 weeks.

Limerick 1% + vat. This includes marketing. Sign, newspaper and internet

1.25% would be typical ask with some looking for 1.50%

Cork City last year - we had a scaled fee, i.e. 1% if it made €250k and 1.5% on anything above that. Adverstising was €250 - that was for signage, placing the brocuhure on their website and on daft and myhome

I can't understand paying estate agent fees? Why can't people sell their homes directly like you would do with a car? You could have a viewing day one day a week and get people to make appointments? If anyone can sell their own home it has to be the person who has resided in it for a few years or so. It's just money for nothing. The savings could go towards decorating your new home.

If you can sell the house yourself some buyers prefer to deal directly with the owner
Put an add in daft with plenty of images maybe a sign outside set viewing at your convience if you get a good offer have them pay a deposit with your solicitor.

I sold my house earlier this year with no problems will never use an EA again
Good luck if you get the same

Back