ESTA USA

whiz

I got a ESTA back in August 2016, it's valid for two years.
However every time I go to the USA, do I need to update my travel destination for the current ESTA ?

Any response appreciated

You only need to apply for an ESTA once every 2 years. You do not need to update your ESTA each time you travel.

Be careful how you apply. There are many sites that will fill this out for you at a cost!

You do not need to update esta each time you travel.

For those reading there is now a 72 hour turnaround approval time.

Do not make the mistake I did and carefully input your passport number.

Never thought I'd be going back to the US but looks like I am. Applied for this ESTA thing and got an application pending message. I must have said something wrong to them.

Be careful how you apply. There are many sites who will fill this out for you at a cost!

Almost made that mistake last year. I hadn't been to the US for decades and had no idea about it until a mate told me to do it. He told me it costs about €7. I filled in the form online and the bill was about €70, so I knew something was up!!

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

I nearly picked the wrong site too, when I saw the <link removed> site I thought it was the official site at first.
It's strange that they allow these other sites to operate like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've removed the link above, as having it mentioned here could result in it being listed more prominently in web search results.

The ease of the ESTA process means it's impossible for the US authorities to block such sites

As I understand it, the ESTA I got a year ago is still good for traveling for a year into the future? No need to renew it or anything?

Yes. Valid for 2 years from date of approval (as long as you didn't renew your passport in the meantime - if you did you need to reapply)

Thanks Armada ! Travelling soon and I can't find any correspondence about getting the ESTA last year except for a card payment for it.

Back